GUN Rudy Projects

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gchang817, Sep 21, 2009.

1. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

I just went through a training class and was extremely annoyed with eye protection fogging up. Thinking about investing in some rudy projects that were recommended earlier. I know AB is sponsored by the company, was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the model? i have a large head, i plan on visiting the local retailers to try them on. Does the coupon still work?

2. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

what coupon

3. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

this

4. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

1.Go to walmart and get some of this
    [​IMG]
    2. Put some on your eye pro
    3. ????
    4. Profit

Seriously, my goggles used to always get fogged up in my o-chem lab and I used some of that shiet and my problems were solved. I also gave some to my lab partner and she sucked my dick because it was so awesome.

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Man, I wish I had know that trick when I had chem/bio labs :(

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

A set of good sunglasses such as rudy's really can improve your vision. Better vision better shooting. The rydons are the most popular rudy frame. I run the kayos. You'll want to get some different lenses too.

The clear or yellow are good for low light or indoors
    Some sort of darker lens for sunny days, I like the polar fx brown
    If you shoot a fiber optic or red dot a red lens

They never fog, are super optically clear, and it feels like your eyes relax when you put them on. They are that good. Seems for the go fast crowd the old school guys are still rocking the oakleys, while everyone else is rolling with rudy's

I shoot more often than I care in the rain. running around and they don't fog.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

For the bigger heads, Rydon's, Kerosene and Ketyum's are wider and more comfortable. I can, and have worn my Rydon's all day long.

Here's a review that ToddG from Pistol-Training.com wrote up on our glasses. Specifically on the Rydon model.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/1929

And YES, the coupon is still good. I'd definitely appreciate it if you would put me down as your reference.

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

If we do buy from them at some point in the future, do we just use AB13 as the person who referred us or do they know you by a different name?

Do you happen to know how long the coupon code is good for? Honestly, I have some things that might be ahead of glasses in the purchasing department, plus if I am spending that kind of money I want to know they fit perfectly and the nearest dealers seem to be over by my parents so next time I visit I might check out a few, but that is likely to be into November at this point.

9. droopz

droopz New Member

Do they have a solution for those of us that need glasses, or are we stuck having to use contacts?

10. sprite

sprite Active Member

There are a couple of options... you can have your Rx ground directly into their lenses... but this is expensive and they DO NOT offer any warranty on their Rx lenses so if you scratch your $200 Rx lenses tough shit.

The other option is an Rx insert that rides behind their standard lenses. This is probably a better option for shooting glasses since the outer lenses take all the abuse and Rudy does offer an excellent replacement policy for their standard lenses. Only problem here is that you can end up with some slight distortion and/or weird glare issues when looking through 2 sets of lenses.

11. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

might have to pick up a pair of these

12. Foolish

Foolish Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with rx lens vs rx snap ins?

Pretty interested in trying some out, but seems like it might be easier to find a local optics place that sells them than trying to get prescriptions setup online.

13. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

damn rudy projects are EXPENSIVE

14. johnson

johnson New Member

If I knew better back then, I wouldve gotten good glasses before spending $250 on electronic ear muffs.

15. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

I have the Rudy Apaches; Rx with transition lens. They are nice glasses, but they still fog up if you're running and sweating. Anti-fog helps alot.

16. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

do yourself a favor and get some rudy project sunglasses with the RX insert. A good wrap around frame gies you much more protection from the sides. Bullet splatter or other fragmentation comes from all sorts of weird angles. Again it's not just when your shooting, it's when someone else is on the line and your cornered off maybe talking to somebody else.

I let AB come in an wax on the benifits of the rudy's but I'll say they are top quality and I have two pairs and several lens myself for shooting.

When i transition fast from target to target I snap my head hard enough to fling regular eyeglasses off. You need something that is sports oriented and will stay on your head. I wear contacts but this is the reason I don't wear my glasses for shooting ever (really only wear them when changing contacts)

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/produc...s/rxinsert.htm

17. AB13

AB13 New Member

How much is your vision worth to you? Remember, you wear protective eyewear to protect your eye's in case anything happens. My eye's are probably the most important set of "senses" I have.

With the discount, they are the cheapest high end glasses out there. And the lenses are guaranteed for life.

It cracks me up to see guys with $1000's in guns and accessories, come out and shoot with scratched up carpenter glasses and claim to be serious about shooting.

There are other places to skimp on, your eye's is not an area to skimp on.

18. AB13

AB13 New Member

I use the RX Inserts. You don't have to order them from rudy. Just buy the inserts, which is somewhere around 50 bux, and they come with a template for your own Optician to grind your prescription for you. And if anyone here has benefits, they will usually cover your Inserts, so they are basically free.

You can even take the inserts and take them to Walmart to do for you, it's really not very hard.

I used to use contacts to shoot, what a pain in the ass every time I want to go shoot to shove my finger in my eye. Now all I have to do is put my Rudy's on and I'm ready to go.

19. AB13

AB13 New Member

Aristotle B, but really most everyone, including all my sponsors know me by Ari or Aristotle.

I'm honestly not sure how much longer they will offer the discount for. It's been going on for some time, and I know it will not go on forever. There is no other place offering such a steep discount for shooters, and BTW, they specifically told me I was only allowed to give the discount code to "shooters", when I asked them about giving it to my other buddies that are into cycling, etc.

I wouldn't wait too long to get them, otherwise Rudy's are pretty expensive without the code. A lot of shooters I know, that already has a pair, bought another pair just because of the discount code.

20. AB13

AB13 New Member

They shouldn't be if you have them adjusted properly. What causes fogging is when the glasses are too close to your face and heat and moisture gets trapped between your eye pockets and glasses. Try adjusting them so they are more away from your face. that is the advantage of Rudy's, they are very versatile and adjustable. You should be able to be fog free as well as comfortable.

Running, sweating and shooting is all I do in my glasses and I've never fogged them up, even in the most extreme weather conditions.

21. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I had a shooting buddy that got one of those RX inserts done at his regular eye doctor and they could not do it correctly. It was so screwy that he was walking into walls. He later went to a eye doctor specializing in sports eyewear and they got it right. I don't know if that was completely nessasary but it might be wise to call your regular eye doctor and ask if they can correctly do the rx insert and if they have done that stuff before.

22. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

I need something similar to the Oakley M-Frames anything like that?

23. AB13

AB13 New Member

Rudy Sportsmask Performance or the Freeon's.

the freeon's:
    [​IMG]

The Freeon's are actually on sale rite now for $78 on the E-Rudy site. Which is a smokin' deal since they are usually $175.

http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner_all.php?group_id=5

24. johnson

johnson New Member

I want the Rydon with black frames but they only come with the grey lenses. Is is worth it to get the red lenses (but with white frames) in photochromatic or whatever?

25. AB13

AB13 New Member

Just call them and I'm sure they will be happy to swap them out to the lenses you want as long as they're not RX's.