Rubbing/polishing compounds

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by AirborneDEN, Oct 8, 2003.

1. AirborneDEN

AirborneDEN Guest

Hey, i am new to this site, and i was recommended to go to this site since it has great people and people who know what they are doing. Anyways, my question is, has anyone use rubbing compounds before? I just got some Turtle Wax polishing compound and rubbing compound the other night when i went to get new bulbs for my car. The polishing compound says scratch remover on it and restores shine and the rubbing one says heavy duty cleaner. Has anyone use either of these? This is my first time trying out compounds and i just want to get it right. Thanks

Also, is it safe to use the two turtle compounds and then use a meguires finishing wax coat? Thanks

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Alright, first - return that stuff if you haven't already used it. Secondly, tell us what you're trying to do to your car... we'll tell you how to get you there.

3. AirborneDEN

AirborneDEN Guest

I havent used it yet. My dad sorta got it for me while he was out last night since he has been seeing me wash the car more often, which is about once every week even if i dont take the car out that week. Basically all i am trying to do is just get out those annoying swirl marks that are all over my car, they're some heavy/deep marks from the previous owner, which i guess dropped his towel or something while washing his car and it grabbed all the nice gritty rocks onto it and he continuted washing the car, so one side has some bad clear coat scratches. My car's paint is 10 years old, not too bad, but not as good as it can be. And i want to polish, since i dont think this thing has been polished or really taken care of from the last owner...

Btw here are some pics of my car, and the picture really does it no justice, they're a lot more scratches then you can see with the eye in the pictures.

[​IMG]

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Well, unfortunately I can't see that picture. However, check the product lists and stickies at the top of this forum for the products and processes you would use to remove your swirl marks/scratches. Let us know if you have any questions after that. I'm sure the stickies will help you out immensely.

5. AirborneDEN

AirborneDEN Guest

[​IMG] maybe this will work

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Nope, still doesn't work. My browser says that's a bad link.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You also might want to register at www.autopia.org which is a dedicated detailing site. They have an e-book that you can download for about $10 and it really covers detailing. It is a good investment if you are new to detailing.

Like EMT said, go through the stickies....there is a ton of information in them about products, their uses, etc.

Once you get a picture that we can see, maybe we can help you out more specifically.

8. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

i wouldnt put the pictures of the products you use on your site because...ya know

9. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Is there a reason that your site automatically forwards me to the MSIE download site? :greddy: