RSX Ownz all

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MoP, Aug 8, 2003.

1. MoP

MoP New Member

The k20a2 is now producing around 200 to the wheels with just an intake and hondata (ecu), they're running high 13's now.

Pretty quick for n/a and only $1000 worth of mods.

2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

the ECU adds over 20HP? My buddies RSX Type S w/intake and exhaust oinly dynoed at 176 at teh wheels. He has since traded it in for a Cavalier and an R6

3. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

The rsx type S with just intake and hondata (ecu) doesnt run high 13's but ive seen it run a 14.0 flat. But ya they respond very good to mods

4. Raptor13x

Raptor13x Guest

No matter what you do... its still front wheel drive. They are nice cars for cruising about, good winter beaters, but FWD just plain sucks for everything relating to performance.

5. matt_c

matt_c Guest

I HATE the new RSX. It may perform well, but god thats an ugly car. Even the G2 Integra looks better than that piece of shit.

6. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

I guess thats why no one on the face of the earth races a FWD car. :rolleyes:

7. KERS

KERS OT Supporter

ive never seen an RSX run a 13 anything with just intake and hondata. ive heard of intake/hondata/exhaust running 14.0 but no 13's

8. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Once you go RWD or even AWD, opinions will change. I think, no I know for a fact my Celica can out handle 95% of the cars on this board, but when it comes to putting power to the ground, FWD will not cut it. Sorry to burst your bubble. :/

9. Raptor13x

Raptor13x Guest

No, thats why they dont compete in any way, shape, or form with a similarly set up RWD car.

People race damn near anything. Some people actually modify riding lawnmowers and race them. Just because its raced doesnt mean its good.

10. bigsteve7

bigsteve7 OT Supporter

:werd:

11. Raptor I know of many crx civics that will rip you a new asshole. Your mr2 isnt gods gift so don't get big headed.

12. RedWuken

RedWuken Ph34r teh Wuken.

Its either because they are morons or they are trying to prove something. Your either someone like my brother, who had his car for over a month before realizing it was FWD, or your someone with the intention of showing a FWD car and beat tons of RWDs in the 1/4 mile.

13. InfectedShadow

InfectedShadow New Member

Yeah but will a CRX with the same mods rip him a new one? Fuck no. Mid engine rear drive will eat a FWD car anyday of the week. Acceleration, roadcourse, ...blah blah blah. If your going to make gay comments about a FWD honda beating his RWD toyota then why not put those high 8/ low 9 sec CRXs against the pro class 7 sec celicas, and Solara's?

14. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

So you're saying the British Touring Car Series is morons? SCCA ProRally? They must be morons too. Actually, with your theory, a lot of racing series are morons.

All these highly paid, professionals are morons according to you. You need to be king of the racing world!

15. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Morons!!1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mooboy

mooboy Guest

http://www.realtimerl.com/stats/stats.htm

I guess Realtime Racing (Which uses mostly Acura Integras/RSXs FWD platform) just can't compete with their 30+ wins.

And look at what their competition was at the
    Speed World Challenge Touring Car Series:

BMW 3 Series
    Subaru Impreza RS
    Volkswagen GTi
    MB C-Coupe
    Lexus IS300
    Audi A4
    Integra Type-R
    Sentra SE-R

17. bigsteve7

bigsteve7 OT Supporter

People also are sponsored and paid to race 18 wheelers. There are classes for everything. Just because they are raced doesnt make them optimal. With the right investment anything can be fast.

My point being, yes there are plenty of well performing, fast fwd cars, but fact of the matter is rwd is still optimal.

18. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

So it is confirmed that they are not morons or out to prove something, but are actually professional drivers who know a hell of a lot more about cars than OT.

19. Raptor13x

Raptor13x Guest

The only way it has a chance is:

1) If it has WAY more mods thrown at it, or more effective mods for the course. A stripped CRX running on Hoosiers would destroy a Ferrari F40 at an autocross... doesnt mean its better.

2) It is an ULTRA tight course where the weight advantage of the CRX is higher than the driveline advantage of my car.

20. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

getting back on topic...

i have to say i am pretty impressed with the k20. They are not only runnign well NA, but also are trapping 108-110mph on the stock bottom end with bolt on turbo kits, tuning, and supporting mods.

You have to understand that a few years ago, getting 200 whp out of a 2.0l motor was considered impressive. Especially doign it with a decent torque curve, something hondas have issues with

has anyone really tuned these? Ported head, a friggin HEADER, int. man, high comp pistons? I'm sure in japan they have at least...

21. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

22. RSXTypeWTF

RSXTypeWTF teh best n00b evar

23. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

They are also professional drivers driving fully modified racing cars that cost millions of dollars in R&D. Now, is some pimple faced kid working at McDonalds going to have accesss to this skill and resources when he rolls up his Civic next to a 3000GT? I think we all know the answer to that.......

FWD can be an effective platform but its inherent handicaps and costs make it an inferior platform. Kids who don't have access to resources to overcome these deficiencies yet think they can could be called "morons" and they are out to prove things.

24. Shaun_FreSh

Shaun_FreSh Guest

someone on clubrsx did 13.9 with hondata #4, injen CAI, motor mounts, and parada (sp?) tires.

And to castfromeden, hmm, ugly? piece of shit? What do you drive? Thought so.

25. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Nope, the new Integra is ugly. For attempts to make it a sports car, yeah then it is POS. Its like the Fit, good transportation but WTF do people try to race them?!?!?