Router problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by unrealii, Mar 23, 2005.

1. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I have a netgear WGR614 v4 router. I have been having a crap load of connectivity problems with it. For example, I click on OT from my bookmarks, it will say not found after trying for 10-15 seconds. If I click on it again, it works. I have tried connecting directly to my cable modem and it works flawlessly. I also have a netgear wgt624 (108 mbps extended range) and that one works flawlessly. I use that as my access point in the middle of my house since my house is in some odd L-shape.

I called up netgear and they told me to assign static addresses :ugh: and change the mtu. My 90 day configuration warranty is over, so they said they wont walk me through any advanced configuration. I told them the problem is hardware, but they said as long as I can log in to the router, there is nothing wrong with it :rolleyes: I changed the mtu down to 1000 and that hasn't done anything. I ran ethreal on my nix box and scaned a few tcp packets directly connected to the cable modem and found "maximum segment size: 1460 bytes". I told him my wgt624 works fine with the exact same configuration on the wgr614 and he said it doesn't matter. Dont know what else to do besides try to upgrade the firmware in a power outage :wtc:

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Well did you upgrade the firmware? That would be the first thing I would do.

3. unrealii

yeah, firmware is on the lastest version

4. unrealii

Tried to downgrade the firmware to the first version...apparently it did not like that :rofl: