Router help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Beezure, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

I upgraded my service so i have 5 IP's coming in on one line, How do i get all of these thru my router ? I'm gunna have to get a better one ? Right now i have a wireless lynksys.

Also is anybody intersted in seting up a DNS box for me ? Pricing ?

Thanks for the help OT

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

If you upgraded your service because you have more computers and they need simple internet access, you shouldn't have upgraded. If you need more than simple internet access, then you really should have an idea about what it is you are trying to do before doing it.

At any rate, what are all of your computers doing and we'll point you in the right direction. The quick and dirty answer is that the router has one public IP. The other computers would connect between the modem and the router (ie on a hub/switch).

But as I said, you either made a mistake by upgrading because you didn't really know what you needed, or you should know exactly what to do without asking us.

3. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

to be more specific they are hosting my dns, only way to add more sites was to do this or build my own dns boxes, don't have knowledge to do it .