Router help please?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GuOD, Jan 31, 2004.

1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

Hey guy, I have a linksys network everywhere router. I currently one of my computers behind it DMZ but for some reason the connection seems a littler slower than just directly plugging in. Is this due to a router problem or should it be a tiny bit slower?

Also, we need to have Cisco systems VPN client installed to connect to the school network. However, it runs 2 things on startup, vpngui.exe and some system process. If I disable the system process then the VPN client cannot connect to the network, but if I disable the vpngui.exe it still works fine. The problem is, the process (cvpnd.exe) causes my router to crash for some reason. Like every 15 mins or so it will disconnect and occasionally it will just stop working and I'll have to reset the router. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks :)

2. alreadyDEAD

alreadyDEAD New Member

You might need to open a port on the router to allow the VPN traffic through. And every piece of equipment you connect between your NIC and the cable modem/DSL multiplexer will slow your connection down slightly.