router and cordless phone problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Achance007, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

alright I found the problem with my router, but I dont understand why. The problem is my cordless phones is knocking my router offline. When ever I turn on any of my (3) 2.4gig phones my connection instantly drops. But the weird part that I dont understand is that it is knocking my Wired connection offline. And another thing I dont understand is that My phones are the same phones I have been using for 2yrs without ever having a problem. The only thing that has changed in the last 2 yrs is that i've moved into a townhouse. I've tried changing the channel from the default ch 6 in the router settings to other channels but it doesnt work. And I've tried scanning to a different channel on my cordless phone but its doesnt work either. Why would I start having problems now?? What could have changed from my old apt to my new townhouse?

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Put some distance between the phones (especially the base stations) and any/every thing that uses 802.11b/g. The problem is the 2.4G phone radios are not very sophisticated and tend to just blast everything around them. I had to retire my panasonic phones because of this. I think some routers are (supposedly) able to work around them, but I don't know how well they work.

As for the wired, that is weird. It's possible the router is seeing the interference and is freaking out. Dunno, that part is weird.