SRS Rough Times...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nygiantplaya, Jul 22, 2008.

1. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

So recently I got arrested for a DWI DUI and Possession of Weed. My parents took my insurance away on my car so now I have nothing to drive and I have to come up with 1500 dollars for a lawyer and thousands more for the fines. Lately It just feels like my life is pointless/worthless because I always find myself in some sort of problem and can never get ahead.

just needed to vent a little

2. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

oh and the only thing that makes the aniexty and bad mood go away is weed. I think I'm addicted tho because thats all i think about is when am i going to smoke agian.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Did you learn a lesson?

4. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

what lesson not to drink and drive? yea the thing is i hate drinking and the one time i go out with my friends i fuck up and get caught.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Aren't you under age to boot? And smoking pot to clm your anxiety isn't really healthy either. Why are you anxious?

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Life can't be all sunshine and blue skys all the time. It's how you handle the storms that make you stronger.

7. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

If my kid does what you did my kid will loose her car and insurance as well.

If you stop smoking the pot, stop drinking the alcohol and figure out on your own how to pay for a car and insurance then you will come out on top.

But... the direction you will probably go is bitching about how unfair life is.

You know, I had a doctor explain to me once that being depressed is perfectly natural and perfectly normal. It is your bodies way of telling you that something is fucked up that needs to change...
    His point was that I needed to make a distinction in my life between when I was depressed for a perfectly good reason and being depressed cause I got fucked up biochemistry.

8. psilocyborg

psilocyborg Guest

You need to find rewarding/calming shit in your life that doesn't have to do with drugs. Your supposed minor psychological addiction to cannabis will disappear instantly.

9. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Well as a regular smoker for years before (stopped years ago due to.. uhh.. no reason really).. I know it's not easy just to stop cold turkey.

I used to say Mary J was the only person who understood me. lol.

But seriously... the weed only amplifies your current state of mind. If you are in a good mood, laughing, sure it's funny. If you are feeling shitty, and in the dumps, it will make that worse too. It might not feel like it, but your motivation to do anything about your situation goes down the tubes, and a lot of other things pass you by as well.

My suggestion? MAKE THE DECISION TO GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The weed? Cut down... if you smoke a few bowls/J's a day, cut down to 1. From there, once you get accustomed to 1 time each day, cut down to once every few days... then weeks.. then months..

I'm sure you get it. You'll find you save much more money too.

Don't worry dude, your situation really isn't as dire as the weed might be telling you. It WILL get better, but not by itself.

10. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I got a DUI last year, blew a .11 and got charged this april.

I get off probation next month. I have been putting off shit and its at the end of it and i am scrambling to get shit done.

if you have community service, get it done now, and work hard to find something to do for money, mow lawns if anything.

11. Chuck

Chuck New Member

You can control certain problems. This one, for example, was your own fault. There are plenty of other fun things to do in life that won't get you arrested. And if you're sorta-blaming the fact that you were hanging out with friends when you got drunk... well perhaps you need friends who won't help contribute to your vices. Eliminate the things that get you into trouble and you'll find yourself a whole lot happier and able to focus on your remaining problems.

12. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member

Go get help for your drug problem, there are those group meetings that are free to attend.

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You can't just do anything in life as you please, there are consequenses to all your actions,even to doing nothing. You must ensure for yourself that you do not land in some pit of negative despair because the bad consequenses will be for you to swallow as it is in this case, you need to learn to be carefull and take care of yourself. Because when you lose all support everyone's going to drop you like a brick, and you'll find yourself in a hole already that you need to do tons of desperate effort to get out of.

Prevention = better then healing.

14. BoNgBlAzE

BoNgBlAzE New Member

things can always be worse. recently I got convicted of dui and intent to distribute cocaine. they seized my lexus and put me in jail. then about a month ago my kidneys and liver failed due to a toxic reaction to a medication. I was one day away from death. while I was in ICU, my condo got robbed clean, over 15k in cash and jewelry taken. I cant go back to work for awhile because I am still recovering and cannot strain myself and I have a pile of bills in front of me.