SRS Rough Break up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Potatosalad, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Potatosalad

Potatosalad New Member

Hey Asylum, I just needed to vent a bit. I was going through a very messy break up for the past 3 months, it just seemed to drag on forever. Finally, my ex-gf tells me she cheated on me the night before we broke up and that she has been dating someone for the past 2 months. I was unpleasantly suprised as you might imagine, considering we were supposedly working on trying to make things better for the past 3 months. I know I'm stupid for even dealing with that, but sometimes you need to make mistakes before you can learn from them.

Stupidly, I get drunk this past weekend and lash out at her claiming that I cheated on her. I didn't, but I was acting like a child and wanting to hurt her. Now she is trying to make me pay for her to get tested for STDs and other diseases. I've only had 2 sexual partners in my life, I've been in two long term relationships, but it has me concerned now. What if I do have an STD, I've never been tested and I'm now super paranoid. I'm definitely going to get tested myself. What if I find out she has an STD though? Anyone have any advice on how I should deal here?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  2. teo

teo . => ? => !

You should get tested because you don't know what you might have picked up from her or from your previous partners. If you were fastidious about staying protected then you probably have nothing to worry about, but think of it like this: you may or may not have an STD. You can either sit here in blissful ignorance and let the paranoia get worse or you can go now and set your mind to rest as to whether you have anything or not. Early detection is always better than later or not at all, and some STDs can sterilize or kill you as their 'end result' so this shouldn't be taken lightly.

As for paying for her tests, were it me I wouldn't. You may have to dig yourself out of your lie before you can make her back off, but even if you had cheated on her it's not your responsibility to look after the health of her body. The only person responsible for that is her.

3. Potatosalad

Potatosalad New Member

Thank you for the advice. You are correct about getting tested, it really is the smart thing to do. The paranoia has already started to eat at me.

4. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Let us know how it goes!

5. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

If she has a STD you should just tell her to deal with it.. As far as I know you don't have to do anything. Pay for her STD testing??? If my ex gf told me that I'd laugh and tell her to get away from me...

6. Potatosalad

Potatosalad New Member

Going to get tested on Friday and I already feel better!