MIL Rotc

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dazed, Jun 22, 2005.

1. dazed

dazed New Member

ROTC at school

I am considering joining the Air Force ROTC at school next year.

Is anyone in the ROTC currently? Can you tell me anything about it?

I just want to fly. I've grown up around planes and the air is where I want to be.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  2. seven

seven New Member

i'm a senior in AFROTC right now, full scholorship too.

my opinion: AFROTC will treat you like crap. they don't need anymore officers, and will screw you every chance they get.

but if you get through it, it's worth it. being an officer in the USAF>any other service in my opinion.

also if you are in HS apply for the scholorship, if you are in college apply whne you have a high GPA.

AFROTC will get you a full scholorship if you decide to be an electrical engineer. <<they need us bad.

you can ask me any question you got. i know some other guys on this board are in it too.

3. dazed

dazed New Member

Never thought about the Marines, I'll look into it, thanks.

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I plan on becoming an officer. I have picked the brains of all the prior enlisted Lts that I know.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What's funny is as an Electrical Engineer, you may wind up being a butter bar for a training squadron or some general's "exec" (read bitch).

I am in comm and we have plenty of Lts who's degree has nothing to do with comm in any way. I think we have two who are bio-engineers. AF doesn't care what degree you have, so long as you have one that is technical. It will however qualify you for positions that are specific to Electrical Engineering, but just because you have the EE degree, doesn't mean you will use it.