rotator cuff injury: what to do?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by caucasion, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caucasion

caucasion New Member

ive somehow aggravated my rotator cuff again. it first started acting up about 4 weeks ago, and since then ive taken about 3 weeks off of the weights and only running. Since then, it really hasnt calmed down, when i move it certain ways i get a sharp pain. About 5 years ago i was recommended to get surgery, but it wouldnt be certain. Now, i really cant afford to take the time out for surgery. Is there any exercises you guys know of that may help me?

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

can't afford to do something that will save your shoulder?? If it's reccomended by your doc I'd do it, regardless of the price.

3. Mass

Mass Active Member

I would go see a chiro specializing in ART before I decided on surgery

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

isometrics until you can get a doctor to see it or get the surgery, i recommend the surgery as soon as possible

5. caucasion

caucasion New Member

see i cant take the surgery though. i have no sick time built up and work, and since it doesnt hurt me in my daily living, only when i try and push weight, they may opt for physical therapy. lately, the sharp pain hasnt been as bad, only if i make any sudden movements.

6. sportsjunkie

then if they mention PT take it, in therapy you'll be taught on how to function without pain and work out in a range where there isn't pain. but if you have a tear in one of the muscles, they probably won't do anything until that heals

7. caucasion

caucasion New Member

see before, i did therapy and it helped. the only issue is i dont remember the exercises nor do i have the rubber bands that they give you during therapy.

8. sportsjunkie

if you research on google or somewhere and look up rotator cuff rehabilitation, I'm sure you can find some exercises . I'd be more than willing to help you out with the exercises, but I'm having minor surgery today so I may be out of it for a while :hsd:

and as for the bands, you may be able to use resistant bands from sports authority (just make sure it has more than one resistance level). If you want the Theraband that they gave you in therapy, I can send you a blue and red band if you wanna pm me your address

edit* here are a few things you can do as far as isometrics and AAROM exercises :
    http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_rotcuff_rex.htm

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.