FRK Rope Bondage

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dominion, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

I did a bit of searching and a bit of research, and I think I should probably just PM Phantom and ask directly but I'll make a thread anyways ;)

Wife and I are getting ready to start really diving into Rope bondage (FINALLY UGH) and I am pretty certain I was going to go with Hemp. However looking at a few websites, average price seems to be about 1$/foot. Atleast that's what it's like at both TwistedMonk and RainbowRope. Is this accurate on costs? I don't see a noticable difference between dyed and natural so I was going to get a different lengths of different colors. Are there any other recommendations (Personal recommends would be nice) to pick up quality hemp rope?

Now the second part of my question, we haven't really bought any books or have gotten a good inclination but I notice there are different types of hemp....3 strand, 4 strand, various weaves. I'm assuming (cause I can't find anything to contradict it) that 3 strand braided is the standard weave. Of this, what thickness is good for just tying and which is good for suspension.

Lastly what lengths should I look for? We were thinking to start 2-4 lengths of 15foot and 1 length of 30. We won't be suspending right away, I want to begin with the basics...knots, restraint, ground based stuff, etc before we move into the dangerous suspension, even then we have bought a couple old matresses to use for cushioning just in case until we get the hang of it all.

I'll be adding some links in here as well as I continue to research it all.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I recommend getting chanta rose's book, bondage for sex, she goes over some basic easy to do ties that are actually good for sex and not just elaborate pretty ties that do little more than look good. I'd also start out with some cheap woven (not twisted) 3/8" nylon rope. It doesn't look pretty but you'll be able to see if its for you and what lengths you want. Once you decide what you want you can splurge on the high end.

3. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Well we know it's something we want to do, we've gone past playing with cheap rope and are looking to move into decorative/suspension/restraint play. There are a few books I'm looking at, a couple that aren't even bondage related :)

So it looks like for just ties and decoration the 6 and 9mm are common and I'd imagine the top end size for suspension.

I should also note this is something more than just tying her up for sex. One she wants to get into the art of it, the process of tying her up and then I get to justify spending money on a nice new Digital Camera and DV Cam :big grin:

And for me, this is something I would like to become good at, to the point that I hope to one day be the person that turns around and helps others on my style.