roommate situation that will ultimately fail, but halp anyways

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Insert, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Insert

Insert Active Member

I'm pretty sure there is no way to go about this that will end with me getting what I want, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Backstory:

About 5 months ago I met this girl and ended up taking her out on a date one night. Things went well, but by the end of the night I knew I'd be lying to myself if I pursued it as a boyfriend/girlfriend type deal. I told her this and we agreed to remain friends. Fast forward about a month and she asks me if I'd be interested in a FWB type deal. We're both physically attracted to each other so I figure why not; beforehand I strictly told her that we'd never be more than just friends and it's just purely meaningless sex. I noticed some beginnings signs of her getting clingy so I put a stop to the FWB situation and we haven't hung out in about 1 month now. She texted me last night and asked if I wanted to come over and hang out with her and her roommate for a bit. I did and end up getting surprised with a really nice french press and 2lbs of coffee out of nowhere. She said she just felt like getting me something for Christmas and to not worry about it.

Here's the problem:

When we first started hanging out I instantly had a mini-crush on her roommate. She's exactly my type and through some drunken texts I've found out that she thinks I'm really cute and funny. We click really well when we hang out and she's constantly laughing at the majority of the shit I say. I'd love to pursue this but I see no real way to go about it. The whole $100 gift out of nowhere after not seeing each other for awhile really threw me a curve ball.

The other problem is they're really good friends.

I'd be completely done with the first girl if it meant I could get a shot with her roommate. This is all asshole-ish wishful thinking though.

Is there really any way to go about this at all?

2. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

3. Holliday

Holliday New Member

George Costanza comes up with something but I forgot what it was

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: Tell the original girl that you'd like to have a manage a trois with her and her roommate. She'll be so appalled with you that she'll tell you to get away from her. When she upsettingly tells her roommate later what you suggested her roommate will just be flattered and turned on. When the roommate then asks if the other is ok with her dating you the original girl will say "if you want to date that pig go right on ahead!"

Problem solved.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  6. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

^ you could have just done the same thing falconer did with my post :p

the rest is just a given obvi

7. Insert

Insert Active Member

I have a better chance of getting hit by a bus then it actually playing it out like that. The roommate is a virgin and I'm pretty sure I could throw the other girl down a flight of stairs and she'd still be into me. fml :wtc:

8. Holliday

Holliday New Member

:rofl:

That's it

9. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

beer's solution :bowrofl: flawless

10. Insert

Insert Active Member

She's quite grimey, but I don't know if she's grimey as fuck.

This thread has successfully reinforced my strong hatred for cute roommates.

11. Memopad

Memopad OT Supporter

I kind of did a reverse room-mate switch back in college. As in the girl, her then bf and bunch of their friends had a house together. I came into the picture, girl dumps bf for me, they're still in the same house together. I'd spend lots of time at the house spending the night and what-not. Looking back on it i realize how shitty that poor dude must've felt...

Anyway back on track... if you don't like the fwb girl then i guess you shouldn't feel obligated to do anything but what you want? Make a move on room-mate girl.

12. NappyTurk

NappyTurk Banned

It's a pop culture reference (Seinfeld)...