TAT rook piercing

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chrissy, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

a friend of mine is buying a piercing/tattoo place here and offered to pierce my rook for free so i'm finally getting it done. does anyone have this piercing? it's in an odd place so i was wondering if i should do anything out of the ordinary, care-wise, post-piercing. any advise is appreciated :hs:

*i'll post pics once it's done :wiggle:

2. Ashley

Ashley EEK!!!!

omg I want my rook done so bad. I went to get it done, they pierced it with the needle twice, and couldn't get the earring in. It sucked the whole experience and nothin to come home to show for. Do you have little ears??

3. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i have medium ears, i guess you could say they are small...

4. leeHA

leeHA New Member

My friend got his done for his birthday.. He said it didn't hurt. It's still the same cleaning process as most piercings.. I got my tragus done on the same day as his rook.

Also, for his rook, it has to be pierced twice but it was kinda hard to get the needle through but it went in and the barbell went in fine.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

avoid that shop!

6. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

nice, thanks...i don't see how you would have trouble if they use a larger guaged needle than the barbell guage. they usually slide right through as long as the piercing itself is larger :)

7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

i use the same size needle and jewelry for most of the piercings i do and i have no problem with jewelry going through.

8. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i always ask them to pierce me with a larger needle. i have REALLY sensitive skin (psoriasis and excema) so i prefer to lessen the irritation as much as possible. :)

9. I got my rook done and so far it's doing fine. My ears are very small for an adult, almost child size, but he had no problem doing it. It didn't hurt, at all, I knew the needle was going through, but ablsolutely no pain. That was the stranges feeling yet.

I did get my tragus done too, different times, but once again with my ears being so small it was iffy that the tragus would take. As it turned out, it didn't, and I had to take it out. I think it was too close to the tip and just never settled down. But what was funny is that it never crusted, just stayed inflamed and red. Now that it's out the redness is gone and so is the swelling. Besides, I think it was rejecting, I could feel the ring more and more. I took a gamble anyhow.

10. leeHA

leeHA New Member

Yeah, my tragus is on week 3. It's doing fine not red or irritated but I keep touching it on accident and I get paraonoid of making it irritable. It crusted up the first week but I clean it daily so it's not as bad now. I can't even feel my ring in my tragus so I guess that's a good thing. That sucks you had to take yours out though.

11. Ashley

Ashley EEK!!!!

oh I have...

12. Woosta

Woosta Guest

i had this piercing for a few months and holy crap was it a bitch to heal. i started with a captive bead ring for cleaning purposes then switched after about 3 weeks, to a curved barbell. the initial piercing wasnt terrible, but i couldnt sleep on that side even after a few months. its a tough piercing, i have had my conch done for about 4 years and i would say thats a much easier piercing to deal with.