GUN ROM AES10B RPK *Just Bought Myself One*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MikeEagle12, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

I've been looking to get a RPK varient/clone for awhile now and figured I better jump on them while I could still find one for $399.99. Spent alot of time thinking about the pros and cons of the AES10B and the better quality Yugo M72, but just couldn't justify the more expensive Yugo. As of today, I have an AES10B on it's way to Georgia. :)

[​IMG]

Plan on using the $200 dollars I saved buying the AES10B instead of the YugoM72 on a drum mag, true RPK bipod, rubber stock extender, sling, and possibilty look into putting a scope or red dot scope on it if it looks right.

Also plan on looking into sanding the wood furniture on it and putting a black finish on it. Might be using truck bed liner if it looks right. Anyone else ever done this?

Would love it to look like this RPK

[​IMG]

2. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

why in the fuck would you want to make that rifle tacti-cool? LineX on a gun wtf are you thinking? Strip the wood and refinish it with tru-oil

3. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

Because I like the look and it's my gun?

I'd rather it be black, have never really cared for the wood furniture on the aks. Defiantly don't want it to luster like you seem to like. To all his own buddy, chill out

Did some research, and it can actually come out pretty nice if you do it right

Here's the pictures of a guy's Saiga he used truck liner on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Nice. Personally I'd leave optics off it but it's your gun, might as well make it something you like.