Rolled out of the Euro category....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by LBKornhusker, May 23, 2003.

1. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

...and rolled into the SUV category. Due to practicality reasons (i.e. getting all my stuff to college, 4WD, etc.), I have picked up a 95 Nissan Pathfinder in place of my lovely Volvo. I think I will miss driving the Swede machine, but I must give my kudos to Nissan, for the Pathfinder is a fine piece of machinery. Just thought I'd give y'all an update. ;)

2. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

Hey :wavey:

Nice to see ya.

3. beerbaron

beerbaron Guest

Sounds like a good choice. What kind of volvo did you have?

4. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Good choice, we have a '98 Pathfinder. Very nice vehicle, plenty of power, the automatic will rev very high (got it up to 5500 today, not bad considering the redline is 5900), 4WD is nice to have around here.

PS, send me your Volvo ;)

5. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Hello swedespeed member! :)

6. T-T

T-T Born Into Retirement

Vovlos are amazing. You could've always gone Euro-SUV, but then you'd risk the Rover tipping. :rofl:

7. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

The first year of school was much fun. Definitely looking forward to the next 3.

I drove a 1990 740 Turbo. It was a quick car, a little toooooo quick sometimes (3 fuckin tickets......oh well :p). It's starting to go a little downhill, as thegas mileage is slowly creeping down and other things that come with age and high mileage.

I've driven the Pathfinder around a decent amount now, so I can make a good evaluation. I drove it a good 350 miles to pick up my girlfriend from school, plus the return trip. 6+ hours in a car really lets you get to know it, lemme tell ya. It's got comfortable seats, runs very smooth, and gets decent gas mileage for an SUV (nearly 20mpg on the highway). A couple downsides are the fact that the LE model has the spare tire on the inside, reducing cargo space a bit, and since the cargo area isn't that large to begin with, the spare in the back sucks. Also, the previous owner (my uncle) put some bigass tires on it, which will be good for the Iowa snow I'm bound to encounter. However, it isn't the best for normal driving, not to mention the fact that the speedometer is slightly off at highway speeds. The engine is also a little weak at higher speeds, but I view this as a positive because it prevents me from speeding excessively (or at all).

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Pathfinder, and Nissan in general, and I will definitely be checking out other Nissans when the next car comes a-calling. But I'll still be checking out the Euro side too, so don't worry. :)

8. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Yep, Nissan is very good. They've called us many times since we bought our used Pathfinder to ask us if we were satisfied. Also, back in the day we had a Multi, which we bought used. Turned out its whole front end was falling off, and the mechanic said it seemed like it had been dropped off a cliff. The day after we found this out, Nissan called us and said they would buy it off us. Needless to say, we're very impressed with their customer service (not to mention the cars).

9. daft punk

daft punk New Member

:wagon:

10. daft punk

daft punk New Member

850 Wagon > *