MMA Rogan vs fans who boo v. awesome

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

This is what Joe Rogan said recently on a Myspace bulletin.

Date: 09 Jul 2007 10:27 PM

Subject: This is more than blog worthy!

Body:"You see, I hate all these fans who boo the events. This past weekend, Sacramento was by far the worst display of this action I had ever witnessed in UFC history! It was just bizarre! I addressed the fans about this in an interview I was giving on Live television after a fight. I don't remember my exact words, but something along the lines of... "Just ignore these fans, half of them are drunk and stupid." I do remember, although, getting in trouble by the "people" above later that night after the event had aired. Taking my permission to address the fans in this way again in any future UFC events. But I think it's a huge problem the fans seem to have here in America. A problem they need to be addressed with. When they get alcohol running through the veins, they turn into poor critics!

All I would like to say for those who view my page, or those who are fans of the sport. Whether you fall victim to this behavior or you to, are one who boo's, is...

Don't boo! Your just showing how much of an asshole you can be. Your showing how immature and how new you are to the sport. You are not entertaining anyone. You are showing that alcohol can make decisions for you. I highly suggest for anyone, whether you boo or not, don't drink before a UFC event. Or any sporting event for that matter! Smoke a blunt! Smoke a joint! Smoke something, use a gas mask, use a bong, doesn't make a difference! But smoking... over alcohol is smart, think about it. Not only will you remember the entire event, but nothing after that moment will seem boring to you again. I wish the arena and state would allow selling of Marijuana over Alcohol. This way the fans will be peaceful people, not jumping off of balconies, or fighting in parking lots. They will enjoy the entire event, no matter how much "lay and pray" is being mastered.

Foremost, for those of you who do boo. It's nonsense! I don't see one of you boo'ers in the cage fighting. You are all pussies and or bitch's who stay behind the railing and out of combats way! You couldn't even begin to realize how tough these fighters are! You sure know how to boo them and talk about how much they suck. But you wont get in the cage to prove how much they suck, will you? These guys are warriors, complete warriors! I'm sure those of you who do boo, are the one's who also stayed away from trashcans when you were a freshman in high school, right? Show some respect!"

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

:rofl:

3. Bausk

Bausk New Member

"Dirty" Joe Rogan > You.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

CA sports fans are the absolute worst

5. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

There are more sports than just MMA.

They are bandwagoners. If their team is doing well they cheer, the secodn their team shows sign of doing poorly they boo. They boo the other team constantly. In MMA they cheer for whoever is winning. Its hillarious, the Pond is the worst venue about this. They will chant for whoever is winning, then the second they start losing they boo them and start chanting for the other guy.

They boo the second it hits the ground.

and i thought the most pathetic moment of UFC fanship (made the word up) was when they were here at Miramar Marine base and the Marines in their fatigues started chanting "Fuck him up!" on live tv with their beers in hand.

6. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Fans can Boo whenever they want, they paid good money to watch these fights.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

and they can get thrown the fuck out from watchign those fights. If it wouldnt create a riot I would wish they would start throwing people out for being drunk and obnoxious and booing.

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Why pay for fights you don't enjoy. MMA has ground fighting, if you don't enjoy it don't complain and boo like a bitch when you get exactly what you paid for.

9. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Watching Pride events is so much more pleasurable, even if the action going on at the time isn't as exciting as a comparative UFC match simply because the Japanese audience is more appreciative of the action no matter what it is.

UFC fans, if you can call them that nowadays, just want to see someone get blasted in the face with the wildest haymaker possible. They are willing to give up 3+ rounds of awesome and interesting ground work for a 1st round KO and that's sad.

10. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I've never boo'ed anyone, but if you're paying for something and don't enjoy it you have the right to boo or bitch if you feel like it. :dunno: Some people don't think they get what they paid for. Like the last UFC PPV that cut off with 15-20 minutes left.. :o

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

and they can throw you out if they want. what's your point? if you are booing you are still a shit head regardless if you "have the right to boo".

12. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

It was fucking ridiculous. I was there to see it live and when I watched the PPV replay you couldnt even hear the boos half as loud as they were in the actual arena. The fans were stupid rednecks wearing tapout shirts who wanted to see a kickboxing match.

13. Bausk

Bausk New Member

ROFL, that is so true and it really hits home. The amateur show I recently went to was filled with that. Guys yelling at the fighters "Stick and move!" when the guys are on the ground wrestling. Yes, that really happened.

14. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I will never wear anything with a tapout logo on it simply because its always these white trash hicks drunkenly booing, going on about how Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes are the greatest fighters to have ever lived. Go back to your double-wide and stick to watching UFC on DVDs from best buy.

15. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I buy my DVD's at Best Buy. :wtc:

16. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

Yeah that shits ridiculous. I almost feel embarrassed by the people that boo the fighters. Especially when every time a fighter comes over from pride or another country. You always hear people from Pride saying "the fans are different". They never say "the fans boo too much" or "the fans don't truly appreciate the sport", they just say they're "different" but you know wtf they mean.

Why doesn't the UFC implement Prides yellow penalty card? That always seemed to work pretty well. It wont stop the booing at UFC events, since I don't really think any of the fighters at UFC 73 deserved a yellow card, but it would just keep the fighters a little more motivated; And whenever people really aren't pushing the fight it could help to get some action going.

17. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Rampage said he had never been boo'd before his first fight int he UFC.

The NSAC would never allow it.

18. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I feel exactly the same way. You can tell it has an effect on the fighters as well. They constantly feel like they have to impress fans that have no idea what a good move or technique is and only wanna see a KO. In Japan they were respected, they come here and its like they're a spectacle. Freakin embarrassing.

19. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

why is it that any one who is involved with eddy bravo in any way shape or form is a stoner