:rofl: The Zaino Nazis are already tearing down Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Quiet whispers of 'solvents', 'abrasives' and 'oils'. :rolleyes: They think they can take the MSDS sheet and know exactly what is in NXT...and of course, if it isn't as 'pure' as Zaino, they have to knock it immediately.

I can't figure out people like that. It's only wax, dammit. If you don't like it, don't use it, but don't subtly tear it down and then say you'll stick with Zaino. NXT has only been in our hands for a few weeks, it is way to early to make any firm conclusions one way or the other.

BTW, so far, it is a pretty decent product. Appearance-wise, it seems to be a good comprimise between the super reflectivity of the best sealants and the deep wet look of a tradition carnauba. Pretty much has the look of a sealant with a carnauba topper, IMO. I haven't had it long enough to know how durable it is though.

2. bareback

bareback Guest

Been following your posts on Autopia about NXT, which have been very helpful.

I have 2 coats of NXT on my Silver car. Previously I had done a full paint conditioning prep and was using Blackfire II. Long story, but my significant other has a Super Black 350z and I started using BF on my car after my #26 ran out.

After Mike Phillips post about free shipping on NXT, I ordered a bottle.

The NXT has been all that it promised so far. Looks, including Shine and reflectivity is about the same as BF on my silver car, and better than #26. Ease of use is the best I've tried, Carnubas and Synthetics included. NXT is not quite as slick to the touch as BF. Amaxingly your observation about increased depth after a few hours also proved true on silver. I'll be waiting on durability.

I think a better test for me may be this weekend when I do a full detail on my girls 350z. It recently got some overspray on it and hasn't had a good once over in about 6 months. Still debating if I should continue with BF for her car or try NXT.

We'll see.
    As a side note, thanks for all your posts on detailing on all the boards, they have been extremely helpful to me personally in my detialing projects. :)

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:cool: NXT is not a miracle wax by any means, but to me, it seems to combine the best characteristics of synthetics and carnaubas into one product. Ease of use it pretty good too, except you have to let it dry for 10-15 minutes. I've been so spoiled by S100 and Carnauba Moose where you can wipe on a section and immediately remove, which means only one lap around the car instead of two (once to apply, once to remove) with NXT.

I've got two layers of NXT on my Accord, and am waiting on better weather to try some Carnauba Moose on top of it.

BTW, glad you've found my efforts useful.

4. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I looked at my car today before getting in and I must say I'm more impressed with it a week later than I was last week. I still don't know, there are so many similar products it's hard to tell the difference.