COMIC ROFL Just finished Fushigi Yuuigi

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Soren, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

TOMAHOME!!!111

MIAKA!!!!!!!!!1

That is about 50% of the dialogue in this 52-episode anime. :mamoru:

It was... ok. :hs:

2. JP

JP Active Member

inuyasha!!!!

kagome!!!!!

/repeat

3. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

I was curious what Inuyasha was all about... I guess I found out. :hsugh:

4. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Oh, and I also finished Onegai Teacher. It was very good, but only a hour after I finished it did I realize how good it really was. Much better than Fushigi Yuuigi.

5. SkylineUSA

SkylineUSA Nyaaaah...desu!

You think so?? I've only gone through half of FY so far, but I find it much much better than Onegai Teacher -- I thought it was *meh*.

Inu Yasha is better than them both though. :)

6. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

*SEMI-SPOILERS*

Well, of course, it's my own opinion. For Onegai Teacher, there was only one or two leaps of faith, but for FY, I find the drama surrounding the romance between the main characters to be fraught with overwhelming corniness and coincidence. The constant shifts from drama to comedy and back again really hurt the flow of the story in FY. It's like they try to set up a scene with some genuine emotion and blow it with stupid comedic invtervals and constant name chanting with no meaning behind it except to show their undying, innocent love. :mamoru: The way the conflict is set up is also pathetically inexcusable... I just can't believe how friends from kindergarten can become such heated enemies over the reasons provided.

Oh, and wait until you get to episodes 30+... it gets completely ridiculous at what they pull to extend and "develop" the storyline. My eyes constantly rolled at the stupidity of it.

Onegai Teacher seemed a lot more genuine and had a less "edited" story to tie up loose ends, IMO. The way certain scenes developed really helps develop the relationship between the characters and I found the love triangle in OT to be much more convincing and suspenseful than the one in FY. Lastly of all, I found the music of OT to be much better than FY. You can never underestimate the power music has on creating a certain impression the anime has on a viewer's mind. The opening and ending sequences stand out in mind as one of the better I have seen in my watching all of anime.

Even one of the characters in FY commented how the story was playing out like one of those "trendy soap operas" or something to that effect. :mamoru:

There are some more reasons, I'm sure, but being that FY was quite a long anime, that I saw it before seeing two very good anime movies (AIR Movie and Beyond the Clouds) and that it didn't leave much of an impact at all, I'm probably leaving a couple things out.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  7. Luffy

Luffy | Anime Crew | Gear Second |

i liked this serie, actually