GUN rofl, I told my mother I was taking my CCW class tonight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hsmith, Apr 3, 2007.

1. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

She was like "oh thats good"

she calls back 2 minutes later "what do you need that for, you are going to get hurt"

:ugh:

2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I knew I forgot to do something, a few of my friends know about my permit and so does my gf and her parents, but I forgot to tell my parents . . .

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

rofl, it will be interesting to explain it to the next girl i date, i guess she has to be somewhat open to guns :o

4. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

Most women will feel it isn't necessary. A lot of people that I talk to think only huge gun nuts, anti-socials, and looney people would constantly need a gun to feel safe. I agree with them in some ways, but there are places I will not go unless I know I can defend myself. I would probably only carry 25% of the time.

5. Werm

Werm Guest

Some people don't understand the desire to protect themselves, it's kinda sad. They think this world is all sunshine and lollypops.

You'll end up carrying more then 25% of the time, as most who say that do. I thought I'd "never really carry" but I do almost 100% of the time now.

6. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

"the purpose of a ccw is to increase the likelyhood that you will have immediate access to a firearm"

/ccw instructor

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

mine was a little iffy on the subject and slowly got used to the idea of me always having a gun on me, at first she thought she was going to know I had it and think that I felt unsafe everywhere and it was going to make her feel unsafe. Just take the girl to the range and if she doesn't like it well its going to be something you just have to agree to disagree on.

8. Small Block LSX

I see what you are saying. In my case, I can't carry at work so that eliminates a lot of time to carry. I also go out to a lot of bars where I know my BAC level will be above the .04 level limit for carrying a handgun. So, no carrying in those situations. The rest would be running errands and I rarely do that sort of stuff.

9. Small Block LSX

My wife is a bleeding heart Liberal. Not only that but she is huge in working for Democratic campaigns and other bullshit that I can't remember. We agree to disagree. I have offered numerous times to take her to the range. Not only so she can get some exposure, but incase someone ever breaks in she knows how to operate a firearm to possibly defend herself. Her answer, "We live in the suburbs, nobody is going to break in." Of course, I'd love to think that is true, but I think of it as added homeowners insurance. :)

She has no interest in guns and I am not going to force her into it. This is like forcing me to go to one of her "girls night out" and watching chick flicks and having chocolate fondoos. :hsugh: :mamoru:

The good part, is she doesn't care that I own, like, or want to get my carry permit. :)

10. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

You'll shoot your eye out kid

11. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

all i wanted was a red ryder :wtc:

12. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

My friends initially weren't happy about me carrying when I was around them, but since then we have been in a couple situations that they were happy I was armed.

13. Small Block LSX

Heh, my main core of friends are all going to be packing. :o

14. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Details please!

15. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Both my parents recently got their concealed permits. Now I get to go to ther range with my folks. :big grin:

16. Gimik

Gimik New Member

My wife hated guns when we first started dating. 2 of her brothers becoming cops (people listen to cops a lot more for some reason) helped me convince her to give them a try. Now she really enjoys it. She's still too scared to take the CCW class though, so I'm still working on that part.

Funny thing is, she was ok with all the gun stuff including the CCW, but freaked out when I spoke about getting body armor :rofl:

17. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I don't carry much lately, since the warm weather is here and it's hard to conceal a Glock 21 with shorts and a t-shirt, so I just keep it in my car. As soon as I qualify with my new S&W 442, I'll be carrying almost 100% of the time.

18. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Why are you getting body armor?

19. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm not. I can't find any for sale, and I probably couldn't afford it anyway. I'd read a bunch of reasons why it was a good idea to have one.

But she flipped out when I started talking about it - way more so than buying a gun. I find that completey hilarious.

20. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

My girlfriend loves to go shooting but she calls me paranoid because of my different books on disaster preparedness and survival. (not anything too tin hat, just general knowledge type stuff) She at least admits that while she'll call me paranoid she's happy that we'll be alive if we ever find ourselves in the situation.

21. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

They sell them everywhere, I'm sure there's a police store in your city that outfits the local PDs. The best bet for body armor is to be measured by a certified fitter for that specific brand. You're right about it being expensive, mine was ~$600. Depending on the brand, they're mostly only good for 5 years.

For every good reason you can think of to have it, I can give you 2 why not to have it. For starters, you live in Arizona, body armor is hotter than you could ever imagine. Also, it's terribly uncomfortable. I would never wear it with regular clothes.

22. Gimik

Gimik New Member

well, it wouldn't be for comfort. I thought they would be more expensive than that though. Hrmm...

23. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

now 45 days :noes:

24. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You wouldn't want to wear it everyday. It hurts your back and cuts into your throat when you sit and it's hard to drive a vehicle with it on.

Good luck. :rofl:

25. Werm

Werm Guest

The only reason to wear body armor daily is if you're police, military in a high risk situation (Iraq, etc) or if you're robbing banks. Who else would want to have the hassle of it?