rock shower marks

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Phx Cobra, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Phx Cobra

Phx Cobra OT Supporter

Recently went on a drive with a friend, and the one road we were on seemed to have a lot of pebbles. Well at one point we were moving pretty good, I was following, and he hit a good patch of rocks, pebbles whatever, and it showered my front end in them at a very high rate of speed.
    My windshield seems to be quite marked up now, as well as the paint on the front grill.

Should I just get a new windshield and have the front repainted? Or can I possibly buff it out of them? I did a whole wash and wax so my next step is hit it with the buffer, and possibly claybar, but not sure about the windshield.

Any advise? :hs:

2. Intel

Intel Guest

Not much experienced here, but if you think the rocks scrapped any paint off and dented your hood, you probably have to repaint.

Either way, I would try to buff it with some polish, and if it doesn't work try a polish with more cutting power.

3. Phx Cobra

Phx Cobra OT Supporter

Thats what I am thinking.
    There are no dents, just enough on the front to chip at the paint a bit.
    I will bust out the buffer and some polish this weekend.

4. cracka.

cracka. Guest

Use some scratch-X and see how that works for you, I'm not sure how big the paint chips are, but I'm assuming they are small enough to mostly work out.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you see the primer where the chips are, you are SOL as far as polishing it out.

6. Phx Cobra

Phx Cobra OT Supporter

Went at it a bit tonight, yea its all fucked. I will just have to get ins to replace the windshield and also just buy some new painted front grill parts, had a few bad scratches from tow truck already anyway. :hsd:

7. Intel

Intel Guest

I am wondering if you buy those detailing "drops" of paint at walmart if you can throw some drops in the hole.

Let it dry for two days on the sun, and then go at it with the PC (thus making it look even).

Would that work?

I have a chip myself in the hood from a frigging Truck when I drove to SF.