Rock N' Rolla

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Otsego Hive, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Otsego Hive

Otsego Hive Wait, what? We're being swapped?

We all know that Guy Ritchie went downhill fast after Madonna, but I've been hearing some good thins about this one. Anyone else going to see it this weekend?

2. XTREME COCKSUCKER

XTREME COCKSUCKER New Member

Going to see it this Wednesday. It's about criminals in London all chasing after one thing; that's a genre that Ritchie basically invented himself. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

3. fast and furious

fast and furious New Member

I saw this movie tonight.

Don't get me wrong, it was good and I enjoyed it.... but it was exactly like Snatch/LayerCake/LockStockandTwoSmokingBarrels-mold

4. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic Active Member

soooo, is that ultimately good or bad?

it sounds good, but then if its just the same old adn theres nothing new to it, well.... :\

5. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

eh I thought it was decent. I think snatch and lockstock were better. Although, Gerard Butler was fucking hilarious in it.

6. fast and furious

It's entertaining and funny at times, but I wouldn't say it's the best of all the guy ritchie movies.

I guess... bottom line: If you really want to watch it, you should because it's a solid movie. But don't expect it to blow your sockz off.

7. Otsego Hive

Otsego Hive Wait, what? We're being swapped?

So, I finally got to see it. I loved it. It wasn't as good as Snatch or LS, but it was very good. I liked the story and the cast was fantastic.

8. Irvin Washington

Irvin Washington New Member

Gotta disagree on you with that one. Lock/Stock and Snatch both heavily relied on strong doses of irony and luck-of-the-moment. The protagonists end up walking away scott free after two opposing antagonists bump heads. Not the case with Rock 'N Rolla.

I enjoyed it. I expected the exact same forumula, and was rewarded with a different plot outline. :hsd:

9. thoughtshewas18

thoughtshewas18 OT Supporter

I agree.. it was a bit different than snatch and lock stock. I didnt think it was as good as either of those movies, but I did enjoy it.

I cant stop thinking about he dance scene. :rofl:

10. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I kinda agree with this. I'm glad I didn't take anyone with me to watch it because I'm pretty sure if you're not into that type of movie you won't be too impressed with it.

I love the characters but I think the plot could have been stitched tighter, alot of the characters got face time but no real story about them.

I'll watch it again when it comes out on dvd.

11. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

After a while I thought about it and looked back on some scenes, it was just as good as lock stock and snatch.

12. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

Does anyone have a picture of the painting, I know in one scene you could see the reflection of it in the mirror.

13. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

The ending comes together better in the previous movies than this one.

I also like it more now that I've thought more about it, like specifically where the money/painting moved and when.

14. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

Hmm I disagree, it never really occurs who the snitch is until the end at least I was still guessing for a while. When it does come together it makes perfect sense. :hsughno:

15. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I kind a felt ho-hum when the snitches identity came out. There were not at many "holy shit!" moments in rock n rolla. Moments such as Mikey knocking out gorgeous george and then the guy towards the end.

I think I definitely need to see this movie again.

Why did One Two and Mumbles try to loan money from Lenny if they knew he fucked people over?

16. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

They trusted him just like everyone else he had under him, his right hand man trusted him to the point that it never even occurred that he may have been the person who set him up. Therein lies the irony of the film, everyone trusted Lenny and he was the one fucking everyone else over.

17. antiyou

antiyou OT Supporter

Definitely worth a second watch though but I'll probably wait until the DVD release. I paid close attention because I know to expect sneaky shit from these Richie films...

18. fast and furious

gotta disagree, isn't that exactly what happens? The irony of the painting, how it exchanged hands and where it ended up from party to party. Also, the irony of the robberies that the accountant sets up.... which ties the Lenny to OneTwo and Mumbles? I can only think of those 2 right now since it's been awhile since I watched it...

but as for the luck of the moment parts, when Archie walked in on those two Russian dudes that were about to fuck OneTwo up? Or when Johnny Quid told Ludacris and Ari Gold to give him the gun right when the elevator doors open to so that Johnny could shoot the henchmen?

And how OneTwo's crew gets to walk away in the end when Archie finds out that Lenny's the snitch?

For me, it was exactly like Guy Ritchie's formula for his past movies.