MIL Robin sage

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Biomechanoid, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

Was tasked to participate as a "NPC" of sorts. I report in at 0900 today, still haven't finished with everything on the packing list due to the last minute recall formation while my group had been released for a 4 day pass.:hsugh::hsd:

2. willijdub

willijdub New Member

robin sage is fun. went twice as a guerrilla fighter. No shaving, black bdu's, campfires, fresh roasted pig, ak-47 as my weapon, had a blast both times. plus get a certificate of appreciation at the end. (promotion poins) have fun, if you are gonna be in the area when finished pm me and we should go get a drink. I live in the fayetteville area.

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

wtf, more details on these....training field excercise type thing?

sounds fun

4. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

It's an Unconvential Warfare exercise conducted many times a year by the 1st Special Warfare Training Group (A). It takes place all over NC with the help of the locals and other soldiers, cadets etc tasked with the roll of playing guerillas or opfor.

If you can Google, sure you will find out alot about it. Maybe some pics too.

5. willijdub

willijdub New Member

it is fun. Waaaaay better than NTC.:greddy: basically it is a really kick ass camping trip. but for real it is the final training excercise for special forces recruits. it is a two week excercise. Chop your own wood, make your own hooch,(shelter that is, not alcohol), kill your own food, etc.. You would be surprised at how many infantry dudes are squeemish about killing a live chicken... lol, mainly the robin sage guerrilla fighters have traditionally been Psyop soldiers, but in the past few years they have been using a lot of infantry too. The first time i went it was only Psyop, the second time there was an even mix of 10th Mountain soldiers. But you get to play like a rebel fighter being trained by an ODA. The SF recruits take you out and you get to learn how to do some of the shit they do. I shadowed the 18c both times.(engineer) got to do some fun things with det cord.:cool: any one that gets a chance to go id highly recommend going.