Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time book 11: Knife of Dreams

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Acesn8s, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

I picked up Knife of Dreams yesterday. Got a little reading done after work.

the prologue is huge, close to 100 pages! It seems like, based on what I've read, we're getting the action that was hinted at in book 10.

So far I've read POVs from Ghalad, Rodel (we see what he was planning in the Prologue in book 10) Lady Suroth (some interesting news was dropped in this POV), Pevara (red Ajah inside the White Tower hunting Black Ajah), Alviarin, Galina, and Egwene.

So who else is reading it? As I get more into the book I'll try and let those interested know (in a spoiler-free way) if there is some plot resolution.

2. Acesn8s

Well I'm about 1/2-way through the book. There's some plot advancement, but no resolution yet. Of course 1/2 through a Jordan book leaves him with ~400 pages to make something happen. :rofl:

3. Falsus Nomen

Falsus Nomen Mr. Parker

yeah, prologue was too long. So far we have learned some about exactly the choosen are now, but i have not even seen rand yet(~p200).

Guess with dragonmount etc, there isnt much discussion of it here.

4. Acesn8s

Lan and Nyneave get some cool points near the middle of the book.

5. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Mobile Chyrnoble

So how is it comapred to book ten? I was very dissappointed with crossroads of twilight. Should i get the hardcover or wait for the paperback?

6. Acesn8s

It was better than book ten. Heck, I think all the books were better than book 10.

There is some resolution, but no real info dump afterwards (i.e., how the characters feel, where they're heading next, etc.). Something significant happened to each of the main characters. Some you saw coming, some are shocking, others really set the path for the next book.

I most enjoyed reading Mat's chapters (I've been a Mat fan since Ruidean), then Perrin's, then Egwene's, then Rand's. Elyane's chapters just don't hold my interest.

that's about all I can say without leading into spoilers.

7. Ferds™

Ferds™ New Member

Wish i could get hold of one of these copies, been waiting ages for it to come out, and i have no money when it is :(

8. Falsus Nomen

Falsus Nomen Mr. Parker

I bought the hardback and am glad i did. It is one of my favorites. I liked the first 3 alot, and after that it slid a bit, liked and 8 ok, and 9 and 10:down: But i really liked this one. Resolves much of the plot that you were anticipating from 9 and 10, interesting twist with rand, and you learn much more about Taim and his loyalties at the very end.

9. Falsus Nomen

Falsus Nomen Mr. Parker

Yeah, you really get to know Mat much better, and see some important events come into play, just hope he can use certain things to his own / Rand's advantage. I find Elyane and Perrins chapters to be the slowest. I have always liked Perrin, but not nearly as much as Mat or Rand. Cant wait to see what Mat and Thom do about the letter.

10. Acesn8s

:bigthumb: This was a plot point I thought would have been finished 2 or 3 books ago. Can't wait for it to happen.