GUN robber shot with own gun smuggled from Mexico

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 13, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soccer City robber shot with own gun smuggled from Mexico
    Reported by: ABC15.com staff
    Last Update: 10:36 am
    Video Click the play button on the video window to the right to see the story
    http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=0393cc87-2080-4902-a1f5-86b9c38b5abf
    A robbery suspect was shot with his own gun when he tried to rob a west Phoenix soccer store Monday night.

Alberto Perez, 22, told police he had come into the United States illegally to get money to take back to Mexico. He had smuggled his gun with him.

Perez went into Soccer City near 35th Avenue and McDowell Road at about 5:30 p.m., showed his gun and demanded money from the owner.

The owner managed to grab the gun from the suspect and the two got into a fight.

The gun went off, hitting Perez in the leg and stomach.

He collapsed at the scene and was taken to a Phoenix hospital where he is recovering.

The owner was not hurt.

Perez faces charges of armed robbery when he is released from the hospital.

----

Great now were stuck paying for his medical and prison stay. The owner should of finished the job or let him bleed out before calling 911.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:werd: I hate to come across harsh, but illegals should have ZERO rights in this country... As a result, there can be no "crimes" against them. Finish him off, and send a bill to Mexico for the cleanup.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

"but but but how can PEOPLE be ILLEGAL. We're Human, too"

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

in mexico, sure. here, no papers, no rights, afaic

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

only faces charges of armed robbery? what about illegally entering the country with a weapon and the intent to do harm, theres gotta be something he can get for that, right :o

6. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Attempted murder no?

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

doesn't murder require premeditation? Probably assault with a deadly weapon (felony) is the more appropriate charge if a citizen had commited the crime.

8. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

You're probably right.

Pointing a gun at someone during a robbery should be attempted murder IMO.

9. Satanic Goatslayer

Satanic Goatslayer New Member

How about they charge him as a terrorist? After all, he did illegally enter the country and committed a crime.

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:werd: act of war from mexico. prep the nukes

11. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I know the situation sucks, but as Americans we're supposed to stand up for liberty and other various rights. We'd be hypocrits if we didn't extend those rights to other people, regardless of immigration status. I could just see the lawsuit that would arise because of someone not getting medical treatment because authorities couldn't verify their immigration status first.

Make him work in prison to pay off his medical debts and cover some of the cost of his imprisonment.

:flamesuiton:

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

So do it the other way. Give medical care until it's confirmed they're here illegally. Then kill em.

The issue that concerns me is that many of these "problems" become REPEAT problems. Remember the old saying? "Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on ME."

13. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I like the sayings innocent until proven guilty, due process of law, and no cruel and unusual punishment but ymmv.

14. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

My process does give "innocent until proven guilty". Once they're proven illegal, then we deal with it, until then, they get the benefit of the doubt -- and medical treatment. Same for due process of law. As for cruel and unusual punishment, I guess it's subjective. ALL punishment is cruel in some way. Cruelty is neccessary for punishment to be effective. As far as unusual, death is common. Look through history. Even today capital punishment is used -- even moreso in other cultures.

I'm not saying go hurt people randomly. But if you're here illegally and you commit a crime -- once convicted -- you have no rights and the constitution does not protect you.

But if you want to stop the problem, you need to send a message that the possible benefit is not worth the risk. As it is now, all we do is give them free medical care, and free food and lodging for a few months and then give them a free bus ticket back to see their family... Then they come right back over. Rinse. Repeat.

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Maybe a few years in Gitmo would send a message to other illegals who want to come here and commit crime, probably not but worth a shot.