Roaming Profiles for Macs in Active Directory

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Laserbeak, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Has anyone been able to pull this off when the profiles and DC are on Windows servers? :sad2:

2. asshole

asshole dont eat yellow snow! OT Supporter

I run active directory runing exchange server 2000 on a win2k server. I can get it all to work with services for mac but for better transfers and stuff use extremezIP from group logic.

3. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Hrm, I was hoping for a 2003 domain, since we switched over.

Eh, no big deal. I've got a sandbox 2003 domain up and running, I'll play around with it and see if I can get roaming profiles, Home Directory redirection, etc. etc. working with it.

One of my projects over the next couple of weeks is testing Exchange 2003 Server on this new domain and seeing how well Entourage X and Entourage 2004 work with it. :)

Too bad Entourage 2004 sucks ass when it comes to Public Folders and shared Calendaring support. I would have hoped to see Entourage open every individual shared Exchange calendar in a seperate window.

I would love to find a nice alternative to Entourage as an Exchange client for my Mac users, but changing the standard in an enterprise environment isn't exactly rolling out a .pkg file over ARD. :(