MMA Road to UFC: Satoshi Ishii video...spars with Randy, etc.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

[y]XK-Wf4Eoz_A&e[/y]

2. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

nice suit!

3. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

I remember hearing that they were concerned about how slowly he was acclimatizing to the striking game.... I wonder what randys thoughts on that are.

4. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

Take it to the ground. LOLZOLOALQOLQAOL

5. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Hard to keep it on your feet when you have a judo black belt running your way haha

6. kroneX

kroneX New Member

The guy is young, arrogant and a bit of a punk on the judo scene. I mean the guy is 21 years old and won the gold medal in Judo at the Olympics, but even as a judo nuthugger, if you do not adapt your judo to no-gi your not gonna throw shit.

IMO if he takes a leaf out of Karo Parisyans book and learns proper no gi judo, he will kill everyone in the weight divison provided he has decent boxing. Being a brownbelt in BJJ is going to help him as well, but for now he is arrogant and wreckless but willing to learn and improve himself.

Who knows what this will lead him to. Hopefully Putting Brock on his ass about a million times to show Judo> Wrestling :p jokes!

Oh and Joe_Cool I beleive your reasoning for Lesnar getting a title shot was something to do with him being a wrestling champion in highschool. But do you really see Satoshi Ishii who has done the same sort of archievement in judo (if not a higher archievement) getting a title shot after 2 wins and 1 loss?

I didn't think so.

7. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

Jeez

5'11 and 240

8. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

RANDY IS A CARDIO FREAK!!! HE WILL NOT GAS!!!

Dude sounded close to death after sparring with Ishii.

9. kroneX

kroneX New Member

I think this guy will kill alot of HWs. I got a good feeling about this kid, he needs one brutal lose to get his shit sorted and after that he will be on fire.

10. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

:rofl: I'd pay to see that.

My reasoning wasn't that simple. Yes, being a national champion and runner-up (NCAA) in wrestling says a lot (IMO). He also has speed and power that are almost unmatched in MMA. He also had name recognition that would bring in a LOT of money. He dominated his opponents, even in the one loss. And face it. There just weren't that many top-tier heavyweights. He was an obvious choice for lots of reasons, some business, and some sporting. And the fact that he knocked out the champion is proof that it was a good decision. You can argue that he didn't "earn" his way up, and that's fine. It's a valid concern. But I say the champion should be the best fighter, not the guy who paid the most dues. The champion should fight everybody.

Talk to me after he's had a couple fights. :dunno: If he shows the same level of dominance Lesnar did (even though he fucked up and lost to Mir, he was manhandling him the whole time. Even Mir himself said fighting him was like getting run over by a car), then sure, why not? It's not like there's an abundance of heavyweights who are going to give Lesnar a challenge (assuming he beats Mir). I mean, seriously, who thought Kongo and Gonzaga had anything for him or Couture? Or for Mir, for that matter?

But if this guy is as good as you think he is and he looks like he can beat whoever is the champion after he shows that he can survive a couple of fights, then I've got no problem with him getting a title shot.

11. kroneX

kroneX New Member

This Isn't The WWE, people should not get title shots because they can bring in a lot of money, people should get title shots because they deserve them, and going 1-1 in the UFC does not give you the right for a title shot.

If the same happened to Ishii (going 1-1 in the UFC) I would be against him getting a title shot as well.

Anywho this thread isn't about Lesnars title shot, its about how this guy is gonna fuck up people in the HW division, including Lesnar.

12. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Cool, write a letter to the UFC. I'm sure they'll be glad to subscribe to your newsletter. In the meantime, since he dominated and knocked out the champion, I'm going to say that proves that he "deserved" the fight.

I don't really care, to be honest.

Nice backpedal. :rofl: If you didn't want to talk about Lesnar, then you shouldn't have brought him up.