Road to greatness.

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by Redneck Shinobi, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Title is bullshit, but everybody else has an epic one. I figured I might as well start one. I'm not really gonna go back to when it all started, but there was a big bang and now we got MMA.

Today I learned that my footwork is more effective than my jab. I've always considered myself a puncher, but the past two sparring matches I've had, it's been my greatest weakness. Todays was a pure hands only for technique. I'm doing a lot of things wrong that I normally wouldn't do. I am backing away straight instead of circling like 50% of the attacks. I am covering my head like a pure boxer when I am overwhelmed with punches, while backing straight back.

I had a few rounds where I got to push the action and be the aggressor, where I am at my best, but when I'm going into defensive, I'm like a punching bag. I got out of a few of the flurry's with timed punches, but also ate a couple in the process. I am just frustrated with myself and why I'm not at the level I was before on my feet. It's like somethings changed over the past few weeks.

2. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Alight Killer. In order to properly e-stalk your training, I'm gonna need some more info.

Reason for training: (competition/fitness/fun)
    Favorite Styles: (BJJ/Muay Thai/Boxing/Sweet ass TKD)
    Consistent time spent in each of the above
    Physical goals: (Lift X Amount/Run X distance in X time/Lose X pounds/Chest definition/etc)
    Skill goals: Improve whatever.

3. Redneck Shinobi

Aye-ya, totally forgot about that part :rofl:. Thanks Hillary.

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 254lbs :hs:

Reason for training: Training for fun right now, would like to compete in the future.

Favorite Styles: BJJ twice a week for 1h30m. Muay Thai once a week for 2 hours. I also do a Sunday meet where we do all aspects for 4 hours. I need to invest more time into it, but it's purely for fun right now.

Physical goals: I would like to be at 240 and lean. Its a long way down the road, but I work out 3 times a week, and run for 4miles every other day. I need to be running longer and harder. I feel physically fit and am happy where I'm at, but there is always room for improvement and I procrastinate.

Skill goals: Basically what I stated in my first post. I'm not satisfied with my punching anymore. I don't know what's changed from even 5 weeks ago. My stand up is getting worse in some aspects :wtc:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  4. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Don't forget that diet plays into it as well. You're only looking to lose 15 pounds, but you can do that by cutting out 200 calories a day (for reference, that's like 1 coke, 1 brownie, or 4 cups of carrots ;) ) and can reach your goal in just a couple months if not less.

5. Redneck Shinobi

Thanks for the tips. I don't actually drink pop, but I do snack every now and then. I should eat more veggies instead of fruits. My weight bumps between 250-260. I've lost enough weight that my drivers licenses looks nothing like me :rofl:. I'm in no real rush though, I'm feeling super healthy.

6. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

15 is nothing, work hard and you lose more and be more fit :h5:

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Truth. Last year when I was working hard and dieting hard, I lost 15 in a month, and I'm smaller than you. Right now I'm chilling at the weight I "got to" because I'm not trying to diet hard atm, but that's really all it takes when you do regular exercise.