SRS Roaccutane.. anyone had to use?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darrin, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

So, i've pretty much been on every acne treatment known to manm Trimethrepricin(sp), Minocin, Erythromycin coated stuff, and Adapalene, Differin and all kinds of Benzoyl Peroxide Creams.

Now, each one has worked on my face, but i still have really really bad acne on my back and chest, and i 100% cannot work out why, and the doc wants to put me on Roaccutane (and i know its used as a last resort often).

Basically im just wondering if anyone has been on it at all.

Sadly, my back is as clean as my friends house behind me, but as you can see, it worked on my face, im too embarressed to take a pic of my back tho, its.. ugh :S

[​IMG]

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

edit: nevermind you seem to have the face part cleared up....

the best thing i did to help my complexion:

bought a bunch of pillow cases, and change it every night and wash them with your regular laundry.

and

wash face begining of the day and every time i take a shower (after the gym and such) and before i goto bed.

and mine cleared up pretty fast

3. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Mobile Chyrnoble

Darrin,
    I was in the same situation as you when i was eightteen and went on roaccutane for body acne as well and i have to say it worked very well to clear up my skin but it is NOT worth it, it completly messes up your body, there are countless side-effects and i pretty much got the worst of most of them. I would love to have the acne back and be rid of the damage caused by this drug but unfortunatly it doesnt work that way. Stay away from it.

4. johan

johan Active Member

Accutane is now generally considered to be a safe and well tolerated drug.
    However, if you still have doubts, you can try a new blue laser treatment.

But these medical options can be explained to you by your dermatologist.
    Be sure to ask about the blue laser. It's not permanent, but should offer some respite.

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Avoid Accutane and Roaccutane, side effects are horrible. I know a girl who went on it and became depressed and had to take other medications to balance it out. Read the side-effects, the list is huge and most are permanent.

I have bad acne on my back and chest. I'm allergic to the topical creams and the pills make me vomit. They offered me Accutane and I said no because of the permanet side effects. So I just shower twice a day, shower after working out, change my sheets daily. It's still bad, but atleast I don't have cisits(sp) every 2".

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You have to be carefull what you eat. Friend of mine got acne explosion over his body as soon as he ate mustard , my brother had really bad acne as the result of eating chocolate. Acne is basically build up out of fat and bacteria, at a certain age your glands start to produce more fat which results in acne. To prevent this no fat in the body must be present, however you look pretty skinny so im guessing you should stop eating fat products,and products that you feel your skin is responding too. If you eat clean, and start sporting it will force the body to re-uptake the fat and burn it for your exersise movements. With the exersises the body blood flow will improve and fat storage is less likely to occur. If that doesn't help you could start using yeast creme, it helped my brother to reduce most of the horror that he had in his neck, and as a last resort surgery might be a valid option if all else fails.

7. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

Im a pretty active person, but as for eating, i dont really take much care, i'll be honest about that. I just dont get why it works on my face and not my chest/back, its so so so strange. I really am worried about all the accutane drugs as i have heard so many horror stories.

Thanks for the replies guys, i honestly do appreciate them.