Rippers War Journal

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by The Ripper, Feb 17, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Hey guys this is my log. My plan is to slowly build up and get more active and start competing in BJJ. My goals are to Increase my conditioning on all levels to help me out with my BJJ game. I started a light version of my routine on Feb 16 but I will dive into it full blast on the 25th.

Base Photos
    need to take stat​

30 Day Mark
    not there yet​

60 Day Mark
    not there yet​

90 Day Mark
    not there yet ​

Diet

Meal 1 - Breakfast 270 calories
    Flaxeed Oil
    1 Cups of Protein
    1 Cup of Oats ​

Meal 2 - Mid Morning Shake 340 calories
    1 Scoops of Protein
    Cup of oats
    Flaxeed Oil
    Bannana ​

Meal 3 - Mid morning Snack 280 calories
    Wholemeal rice
    Chicken Breast
    Flaxeed Oil ​

Meal 4 - Lunch 320 calories
    Rice
    Chicken Breast
    Green Beans ​

Meal 5 - Pre weight lifting 280 calories
    1 Scoops of Protein Powder
    Bannana
    Sweet Potato ​

Meal 6 - Post work out 180 calories
    1 Scoops of Protein
    1 Apple ​

Meal 7 - Dinner 300 calories
    Tuna Sandwich ​

Seven Meals 2 hours apart each.
    Final meal 2 hours before going to sleep.
    Total Daily Calorie intake: 2000​

Aerobic Conditioning
    Building up to 5 mile run
    Currently: 1 mile run​

Anerobic Conditioning
    Sprinting cirquits: I will be on a track that is 1/16 of a mile. I will sprint one leg of the track and then walk the rest of the track till I get back to the starting position. Once I am in the starting position I will sprint again and repea this pattern 10 times.​

Weight Training
    Sunday - OFF
    Monday - OFF
    Tuesday - Arms
    Wedsday - Shoulders
    Thursday - Chest
    Friday - Back
    Saturday - Legs​

BJJ
    Monday - morning
    Tuesday - morning and night
    Wedsday - morning and night
    Thursday - night
    Friday - night
    Saturday - BJJ for MMA
    Sunday - BJJ for MMA​

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Week 1 Goals
    Get through weight training routines and still manage to get a minimum of 5 BJJ classes a week. On the research end plan a diet that I can stick to that will allow me to gain more muscle mass while at the same time helping me cut down weight and still provide me with enough fuel to get through my training days.

Monday Feb 16 2009
    2:00 pm weights

Note: Just went through a bassic full body routine.

Tuesday Feb 17 2009
    2:00 pm BJJ
    4:00 pm 30 mins of elliptical conditioning

Note: Took weights off today I did a break in routine to get some of the initial soreness out of the way. I did a full body routine to get everything sore and took today off and did some elliptical training to get the blood flowing and work out some of that soreness.

Wed Feb 18 2009
    9:00 am BJJ
    2:00 pm Weight Training: Shoulders

Note: Wasnt really feeling it today but I still did my stuff. Im slowly starting to ballance everything together. Im adjusting so I can do BJJ and weights together. This week is kind of ruff so Im slowing down and letting my body catch up to the increased work load. I think one of the problems Im having is Im not properly fueling my body. So Im doing more and more research on diet so I can provide the adequate nutrition I need to reach my goals. I think Im going to cut cardio out for the week because its to much work load for my body. My main goal for this week is going to be getting one session of BJJ in a day and one session of weights. Next week I am going to throw in the diet and cardio.

Thursday Feb 18 2009
    2:00 pm Weight Training: Chest
    8:00 pm BJJ

Note: While rolling today I kind of notice Ive been stuck in a rut. I move to slow on the ground and it kind of seems like im trying to play judo when Im in jujitzu. Im not actively working for subs and Im not really confident in my technique. As a result I have been rolling slower and slower. Im going to make a mental note and attempt to go harder and faster every time I roll to try and pick up some more speed.

Friday Feb 19 2009
    7:30 pm BJJ

Notes: I was supposed to work out back yesterday but I didn't end up doing it, my weight lifting buds were no where to be found and then I found out they were trying to call me but the phone was on the other side of the house and doesnt get signal. Tomorrow Ill be working legs and I might do the whole back routine as well to wake up my back. I did BJJ in the night and it went great. Im going to chock today up as a rest day because I needed it.

Saturday Feb 20 2009
    2:00 pm Weight Training: Legs

Notes: I was supposed to go in and practive some mma (mits, ground and pound and take downs) but after working my night shift I was beat and my 3 hour nap turned into a 6 hour affair. So I slept right through the class. I guess it was a good thing because if I needed to sleep that bad then I should just do it. I then went to the gym and worked on my legs. After the work out I was hungry and dead tired so I grabbed some food and relaxed for a bit before work. Tomorrow I was going to hit up the MMA class but I might hold off on that depending on how my legs feel tommorrow.

Next week wednsday I start my diet so Im looking forward to that. If I stick to it religiously it should help me out with my weight training and should help lean me out the way I want.

Sunday Feb 21 2009
    Rest Day

End of Week Summary

BJJ - 4 classes
    Weights - 4 days
    Cardio - 30 mins

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Week 2 Goals
    Goal for this week is to maintain the work load from last week and add in a new diet on Wednesday that is going to help me achieve my training goals. Im also going to implement a post work out jog for aerobic conditioning. On the research end of my training I want to set up a decent aerobic and anaerobic routine. With this routine I want to build up some good conditioning to complement my strengths and technique.

Monday Feb 22 2009
    Notes: I got called in to go to work sunday night for one of my co workers that was sick. I needed the OT to pay some bills so I took it. I had to come in to work this afternoon to so I spent my work out time today sleeping because of the night shift I worked. I get out at 11 and Ill probably knock out again. To bad I couldnt get something in. I might do abs when I get home.

Tuesday Feb 23 2009
    2:00 pm Weight Training: Arms
    8:00 pm BJJ

Notes: Did groceries today so I will be able to start my diet tomorrow. I need to get a water bottle when I get a chance so that I can hydrate properly. I went through my arm routine today and started keeping a log so that I can work more efficiently. I went to BJJ later during the night and got some good subs in. I managed to get a slick arm bar from the guard and I was rolling and hanging with the blue belts again. I think since I have been training less I have been able to grow more. I was getting kind of bored with BJJ but when I started going a little less I see more progress.

Wednesday Feb 24 2009
    2:00 pm Weight Lifting: Shoulders
    4:00 pm Run 1 mile

night bjj class
    abs

Notes: I overslept today again but its not a big deal for me because I just assume my body needs more rest if I sleep more. I started going full swing on the routine today. Last week was to ease me into the routine and this week is more experimenting with it more then anything. Next week is when I am really getting serious about the routine. In 12 weeks I should see some decent results. Im also logging in the calories from my diet as well to keep track of eveyrthing.

I started off with weights today and right after I went for a one mile run. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. I then hit up BJJ and was working on the fireman carry take down. I ended up landing hard on my knee and it swelled up to the size of a baseball on the side. Hit up the emergency room and now Im out for a week and pissed lol.

Thursday Feb 25 2009
    injury day

Friday Feb 26 2009
    Cant do much today is another injury day. I weighed in this morning at 191 pounds. So the diet is working. Im hoping I can get down to 190 by the end of the week. Im going to do some abs today mainly upper and see if it bothers my knee.

Saturday Feb 27 2009
    injury day, went by kind of fast since I worked at night and had to go to a cpr/first aid class after I was done. Wasnt so antsy today. Cheated on my diet a bit and had a sandwich and some chips but I was awake more then 24 hours and needed some food to keep me going.

Sunday Feb 28 2009
    slept all day, I want to go to jits tomorrow but its not happening all I have to look forward to is work. Weighed myself and im 192.

End of Week Summary
    Start Weight: 197
    End Weight: 192

lost 5 pounds

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Week 3 goals
    Im bouncing back from last weeks injury and Im super motivated and ready to jump back on. Monday is a rest day so Im taking it easy. I can walk with out my knee brace and crutches and have been doing so all day. My knee feels a little uncomfortable but it has been getting better as time has progressed. Im going to wear my knee brace all day on wed and thurs to be lazy at work. It might heal faster as a result. Im going to do weight lifting this week but Im not going to be doing my legs. I have a doctors appointment on thursday so I will not be going to BJJ or training to hard untill then. This week I am just sticking to weights and the diet.

Mon March 2 2009
    Today was another injury day, knees feeling good about 80% I can walk with out the brace. Didnt train stuck to the diet and bassically did all the right things for now.

Tue March 3 2009
    goal - weights arms

Wed March 4 2009
    goal - weights shoulders

Thur March 5 2009
    goal - weights chest and drs appointment

Fri March 6 2009
    tbd

Sat March 7 2009
    tbd

Sun March 8 2009
    tbd