SRS RIP loved pet and member of my family :wtc:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by affende, Aug 5, 2009.

1. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

Had to put down a loved pet today. Miss Bear was 13 years old. 50/50 Collie / Golden Retriever mix.

She was born in june 1996, the month we moved into our current house. Her mother gave birth to her in the back of the garage. She was the last of her siblings.

She was a wonderfully compassionate puppah. always full of life and she loved to hunt with her adopted daughters (two mix sisters we adopted 3 years ago).

She had been losing weight for the last year, and really dropped off this last month. I just moved back in with my parents after college (moving out again in 3 weeks for a job) and im glad we decided to put her down while i was home.

We wrapped her up in her favorite blanket after washing it and drying it and heating it up. we had the vet come by and put her down (usually about 45 lbs, she was only 20 when we put her down today ... she couldnt eat or get up and walk more than a few feet without collapsing).

we stayed with her and held her as she passed (she passed in the back of the same garage she was born in). It only took about 7 seconds for her to pass once the drugs were administered (vet said it should take about a minute) so we new she was ready to go.

I dug her grave with the bobcat and we buried her behind the garden, facing the fields and mountain she so avidly hunted while she was with us.

Farewell my beloved pet, sister, and friend. May your fields be endless, green, and full of odd little animals for you to hunt.

the last picture is of her minutes before the vet put her down ... sorry about the size, i dont care to resize it too much ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Samson

Samson New Member

3. Spats

Spats Guest

RIP

4. FifthGear

FifthGear -

5. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Farewell, cute puppah. :(

6. Pepe

Pepe New Member

sucks but it is the way life is. probably going to have to put down one of my labs pretty soon. love him like a brother and it will be hard, but i get comfort in that he lived a great life and we were both fortunate to be in each others company.

RIP for your dog

7. dman112

dman112 New Member

8. johan

johan Active Member

I'm sorry for your loss. As much as you loved your dog, I'm sure she loved you even more.
    She's in a good place now.

9. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

10. oakback

oakback New Member

Sorry to hear it, it's always tough losing a member of the family.

I had to put down my 6 y/o chessie retriever 2 weeks ago, some days I still expect to see him waiting for me when I get home. He had liver failure due to a heartworm complication, and lost over 25% of his body weight from starving himself.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Putting a pet down is the worst experience of a lifetime, its the big problem with animals that they usually die a lot sooner before a human being does. This means a lot of sadness for the pet owners. For that reason i don't own a pet , just because i can't bear the loss anymore.

12. Xavier

Xavier There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your

13. whippet_1

whippet_1 Active Member

RIP

I dread the day I may have to do this with my 2...

14. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

It's good to see that there are people who show respect toward the death of a pet. People these days often neglect how strong the bond between a person and their pet can be.

I've had 3 friends die in the past 2 years, but the only time I actually cried was the death of my buddy Rascal, who my dad nicknamed "Big Fat the Vietnamese Cat." He wasn't too smart, but god damn he was my best friend when I was a kid. One day he just didnt come home. He'd gone missing before so I wasn't too worried, but after 3 weeks went by, I finally accepted that he was gone, a fisher cat in the area must have gotten him. I loved him, and I sat down one night and just cried for an hour while looking at old pictures of him.

I'm sorry for your loss, treasure the good memories.

I don't know what it is with pets. With people I can accept their death just fine, figuring they had a good life and did good things, but an animal, you never realize how much they mean to you until they're gone.

15. LilJoe

LilJoe New Member

Old men miss many dogs. - Steve Allen

sorry for your loss

16. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

17. Daria

Daria New Member

My condolences to you. I know what it is like to lose a family pet. My whole family had a very strong bond with one giant cat, who we adopted and was previously named Number Six. I still cry some nights, because I miss him. He was truly a unique cat in his personality. He used to attack rottweilers and they would run away!!!

He was an unusually large cat, so maybe they thought he was a dog. Who knows. My whole family loved him so much and we still talk about him and the things he did.

:hug: Hang in there. You may have other pets in the future who you will have strong bonds with, but of course you will never forget this pet, and those are memories to treasure. He was a cute doggie by the way.

18. zolonel

zolonel Active Member

19. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

20. pbcustom98

pbcustom98 New Member

rip.

i dread the day my doggahs pass. :(

21. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

she looks like a sweetheart. i'm sure she appreciated all you did for her. sorry for your loss. i dread the day i lose my doggie. :hug:

22. DefconRock

DefconRock Frack

RIP.

Man those eyes in the last pic really got me :wtc:

My guy is only 4, but I dread the day I have to make that decision.

23. StarBai

StarBai Mahmoud Ahmadinejad can suck my left f'ing nut. OT Supporter

poor thing :( rip sorry for your loss bro

24. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

RIP sweet pup.

I still can cry over the loss of my pets, and dread the day my 1 and 2 year old cats will come to the end, though I hope thats at least 15 years away :(