MMA Riggs vs Sanchez

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RMarks, Oct 7, 2006.

1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Fight is gonna happen in December according to MMAweekly

What do you guys think? I really hope Riggs comes ready to bust Diego's skull. I doubt it'll happen but I can dream.

2. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i thought sanchez was 185 and riggs was 170. i guess 1 of them is in a different weight class now? which changed weight class?

3. wired3758

wired3758 New Member

i remember riggs didn't make weight against hughes (one of his trainers wasn't available - couldn't track his diet), went up to 185 against swick, then back down for vonflue.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

ah so riggs will likely be going up to fight sanchez huh. i guess they say he used to be like 300 pounds so i should have guessed lol

5. teep

teep New Member

Diego is 170. It's Riggs that fights at 185. I think he'll be able to make the weight this time though. When he fought Hughes he kind of stepped in on short notice.

6. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Just to correct everyone in this thread

He fought Lytle at 170 and then Hughes. He couldn't make weight against Hughes though. He fought Nick Diaz at 170 later in February, then moved up in weight to fight Swick. He found that his body had adjusted to a lower weight (like 181 lbs or something) so he went back down in weight for his fight agianst Von Flue.

7. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

Im still trying to see when Joe Riggs has stepped up and won a big fight? 4-3 in the UFC most of the time that kind of record gets you canned from the UFC, why does dana white have such a hard on for him, only reason I can think is that he is relatively young at 24 (looks 34 though). Swick beat him in 2 min....Diego is better then swick.

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Riggs is getting good actually...

9. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

He beat Diaz and Von Flue, thats not quite getting good at least in my opinion. I just think he is kept around to be a Door, if you beat him you get another shot if you lose tough luck you dont deserve to be in the UFC

10. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

his fights are usually pretty exciting

11. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i think riggs had really good potential to be a really good fighter... but he almost always seems to fall short of that mark... well see when he fights deigo...

12. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I think Diego will pretty much own him... Sanchez has been dominating oponents for the most part, while Riggs has never really impressed me. He seems extremely physicall gifted, but never seems to perform when it is "show time"...

13. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Riggs seems to be improving while Sanchez seems to be getting worse atleast in my eyes.

14. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I don't think Sanchez is getting worse he's just fighting tougher competition. He can't dominate guys like he used to. I don't like him much but I've had to reluctantly admit that he's legit. Still don't think he's even close to GSP/Penn/Hughes, but I didn't think he could hang with Karo before they fought.

15. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

im no sanchez nuthugger....but Riggs fought jason von flue, and diego fought Karo. Those guys arent exactly in the same league.

16. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I really don't like Diego. He just seems to me to be a cocky/arrogant a-hole. I was REALLY hoping Caro would find a way to beat him... but... Diego proved himself a contender when he won that fight... I believe that he will be next up for a championship match once the whole Hughes/GSP/Penn thing plays out...

I don't like Riggs much either, so I suppose that I can say I'm fairly indifferent to the outcome of this match...

17. Drummer161616

Drummer161616 New Member

Sanchez>BJ sad but true

18. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

I would agree if it were to make it out of rd 2 he would probably win, Diego has the cardio advantage easily.