riding from boston to florida......what to see?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 7960, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 7960

7960 New Member

Going this summer.... I can't wait. I've always wanted to ride to take a few days and ride down by myself. And even better, I'm riding down alone (I want it that way) but someone else is trailering a bunch of bikes and they're flying down and meeting me there. So I'll get to put it on a trailer and fly home. The ride *to* is always fun, but the ride *back* usually sucks. This is the best of both worlds.

So, between boston and Naples FL, what's on the list to definitely see that's not too far off the direct path?

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

How are you getting to Naples through FL? (down the east coast or west coast) What sorts of sites to you want to see. I deff recommend crossing Alligator Alley or maybe even some of the back roads through the everglades.

If you're into historical stuff, check out some of the places on the De Soto Trail. And you didn't see FL with out seeing the Suwanee River. Recommend stopping in White Springs (US 41 and US 100 go right through it) to see the Suwanee. The Big Shoals arent too far north from there.

3. 7960

7960 New Member

no idea, that's why I'm posting. if nobody gives me any ideas then I'll put Naples in the GPS and just get there. That's why I hope people suggest things to see.

Nothing in particular. My only thing is that I want to ride across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I used to live near there. Other than that, I have a few friends who live along the way, but there's really nothing I want to see (other than those friends)

Thanks

4. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

If you're into fishing I know a great, certified fishing guide in Steinhatchee (my great uncle) that I can put you in contact with as well.

Steinhatchee is arguably the best flats fishing in florida.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

just google mapped it.....I'd love to fish, but Steinhatchee just doesn't seem like it's an easy place to get to. I'll probably fish when I'm down near naples or on the way to key west.

again, thanks

6. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

i want to go for a long ride but from florida to boston though