Ride review: 2004 MBW r1150r rustor edition...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Boudreaux, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Yes, i do know thats it really "rockstar" but it looks like it says rustor on the tank...and that i misspelled BMW

My friends dad's BMW had an oil pump go out, so we got the r1150r as a loaner, and had some fun with it...

Unfortunaly i was out of town for the time he had it, except last night (he's returning it today) and a drizzle was making riding conditions iffy.

But i did get to take it for a spin.

Styling:
    I like it, but i can easily see where people wouldnt like it. The headlights are of different radii, and it gives it a weird look, but i liked it, looked somewhat "mean".

Ergos:
    Not to bad, i felt that the handle bars were to spread out, like i was sexing a fat chick. Not "uncomfortable", but different feeling. THe bike also felt VERY heavy, but im not really used to liter bikes, so that might have something to do with it.

The power assisted brakes were cool..kinda makes menuvering the bike when its off difficult b/c they fight back.

It gets up and goes just as you would expect, roll on from 80-105 (about where i took it) was amazingly smooth, i think BMW's are hard to make shift smoothly, and this bike was no exception, mostly when you are getting on it tho. THe suspension was very plush as well, i enjoyed it. It was smooth, but i knew what was giong on w/ the road.

Over all a very "sophisticated" ride. A bit pricey, our used 1150r was on the lot for 11k, and they go new for ~14k, something like that?

thas' about it, and im not an professional review writer, so IBhate

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  2. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

this thread has been up for a coupla days, and i just relized i misspelled BMW

3. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member