Riddle me this PLers or whoever

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by trancezj, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trancezj

trancezj New Member

If you can't hit 'lower' chest, 'upper' chest, 'inner' chest, or 'outter' chest, then why do any exercises other than flat DB press? And I say DB because I think we all agree its better for actual chest development. Also, if low reps are best you should do 20 sets of 3 reps or heavy bench and be good to go right? Seriously, because from what you guys say, it's pointless to use different angles to force your body to use the muscle differently to build it full, or to do higher reps in order to fatigue the muscle fibers and use different ones.

Explain please.

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

No one ever said you can't hit upper or lower.

3. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

lol @ the sarcasm

personally, not considering specific training methods, or routines, etc, all muscles should be hit in every way possible.

example1: pullups. so, if you can do 30 wide grip, but 5 narrow grip, that should tell you something. ok, so the latest theory may be 'you dont need narrow grip, they wont improve your xyz'. but, its a movement, and your body can do it.. so why fail?

example2: deadlifts. ok, so youre strong. we all know it. you can dead 500lbs. but, when you grab an awkward object (garbage can?) to carry for a couple hundred feet, your legs and back give out. well, whats the point of being able to bend over all day long if you cant translate it into functional strength?

to me, this is the missing link in the whole 'cross training' concept that erupted years ago. person a wants a great bench, person b wants a well developed chest. so, outside of personal preference and current trend of the day, do whats best as a whole. (this applies to the waves of diet trends imo too)

4. trancezj

trancezj New Member

ok then exclude that part.

5. trancezj

trancezj New Member

LOL @ captian obvious... j/k but yeah.

6. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

captain obvious has to make an appearance every now and again, i understand there are few ppl here south of the border.

;)

7. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I can carry a heavy object for a longer distance than someone who only deadlifts 300lbs I would imagine. But I see the point you're trying to make. Look at WSM competitors though, in my opinion they're close to the ultimate athletes. I'd say their strength is pretty "functional" and they all have huge squat and dead numbers.

8. pt

pt New Member

This thread is an example of why LOCKING the OTHER thread was pointless.

9. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

Oh my Lord.

You guys pull me out for this shit? Someone emailed me these threads...please don't. I"m tired of the shit here, but I must respond.

I went through and read that stupid, most obsurd thread about whats better for the chest and how to target inner and outter pecs the best. You are all manipulated by all the crap you see on TV, in magazines, and especially on the internet. Let me just say that if you stopped thinking and started doing, half of you would actually have something worth looking/listen to. Most of you are caught up in the grand sceme of supplements, training methods(that don't work), if you're overtraining or not, eating right or wrong, etc. Its all bullshit, you're filling your heads with the wrong shit. How hard of a concept is it to know that resistance builds muscle? I dont' care what science has to say or what you think about science. Guys in the 60's and 70 that didn't have the "science" or the "technology" and all these "supplements" put people in today's world to SHAME!!!! So what the fuck do you think you're doing wrong? you're listening too much thats the problem.

Inner pecs are fucking worked with CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS
    Outter pecs are fucking worked with WIDE GRIP BENCH PRESS

Say I'm wrong and talk a lot of BS because you all are "in the know" and all those people training this way for 70 years are all wrong. However, when you are trying to tell me otherwise answer me this. If a bodybuilder on stage wants to flex and show the striations of his INNER chest...why does he do a most muscular and bring his hands in close together???? If he can flex his inner chest and show it nicely he would be able to do it with his hand about 3-4 apart right?

So now you'll tell me that the pec is not divided up and down or left to right, its divided horizonially and that if you're doing a flat press the inner and outter will be worked and properly stimulated and you dont' need to do anything to target the inner pec itself. When you do tell me that, you'll sound really smart, so go ahead and say it. Impress your "online" friends.

One more thing...don't flip flop on what you think you are. You sound like damn fools when you praise PL then flame it and same goes for BBing. None of you have the stones to either step on stage or enter a real PL contest so its all moot anyways. I honestly think that 99% of you are so clouded with trying to get your routine right (and that I think has to do with the fact that you're reading everyone elses routines and thinkgin that you should use part or all of theirs when you dont know why) instead of actually thinking of what you need and how you should train and eat in order to achieve YOUR goals. You're all training for other people, you haven't been around the gym long enough to know what works for you and what doesn't. So start looking at yourself and find out what you need in order to obtain your goal...which I hope you have set.

Fuck...if I actaully cared about this place to actually get a headache...I'd have afuckin' pounding SOB right about now; but I don't so I suppose none of this really matters.

10. trancezj

trancezj New Member

I didn't lock it.

11. trancezj

trancezj New Member

I liked the part of that thread where PT said this board went to hell when you became a mod.

12. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

which is the moment it was conceived.

13. trancezj

trancezj New Member

that would be my point

14. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

you cared enough to post that novel, so i'd say you care :hsugh:

15. disblohs

are the fibers of the pecs all horizontal or do some extend from the bottom middle of the pec to the top left of the pec, bottom left of the pec to the middle left of the pec, bottom right to the top middle of the pec, etc.?

16. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

17. pt

pt New Member

:mamoru:

It's true though... it was right around that time where he was a mod, banned, unbanned re-moded (sp ?) and all that drama followed by a insane influx of the stupidest, most ignorant n00bs imaginable.

18. trancezj

trancezj New Member

? what the fuck Barbeque ???

19. trancezj

trancezj New Member

now he's responsible for the newbs?

20. pt

pt New Member

:rofl:

I never said he was responsible, just that it was "around that time"... in fact... before he lost his mind with the M1T-heart-attack-gyno drama... he was pretty damn helpful... similar to purevl... but in the forum instead of via PM's :mamoru:

21. disblohs

?

22. SteveO

SteveO Guest

what's your bench, squat, and DL #'s?

23. trancezj

trancezj New Member

Mine?

24. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

You can hit upper and lower chest because the pectoralis major muscle has two heads. You cannot work the inner and outer because the fibers of the pectoralis major run from the sternum to the humerus. I have always said that varying rep ranges is important to enjoy the full potential of gains in both strength and hypertrophy. So nah nah nah nah nah.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it is somewhat possible to increase outer chest without inner, due to the nature of the pectoralis minor, but the muscle is small in comparison to the major.

25. trancezj

trancezj New Member

you're not a PLer cunt bag. :run:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.