MMA Rich Franklin in the next MW Championship

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by jag6984, Jul 8, 2007.

1. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

So, with Anderson winning, it looks like Silva-Franklin 2 is now on.

I'm a big Franklin supporter but I really don't see him winning this fight. Anderson is just too damn good at everything. He's shown all aspects of his game in the last 3 fights, and beaten the guys at their own strengths.

So, I'm not really concerned about how Anderson could win this. But what do you all think in how can Rich win this fight?

Personally, I think Anderson's conditioning is a big question mark, but we do know that Rich really does have a fantastic gas tank. I also think that Rich has the advantage in strength on the ground, as obviously Silva is much better standing and in the clinch :mamoru:.

So the only way I see Rich winning is if he takes a slow first round, i.e. gets out of it. From there he should start turning up the pace, and eventually get Silva on the ground. He won't have to worry about submissions as much in the later rounds and he can work some GnP. I don't see being in Silva's guard being much good either because of the body triangle, so he should probably work from a side mount and use his strength to keep Silva down. He could probably get the TKO in rd 3 or 4, but most likely with this he could pull a decision.

Nonetheless, I see Silva winning 7 times out of 10.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

silva is too explosive and tactful. He doesn;t waste energy on superficial strikes, he waits. and then beats down

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Rich had trouble with Silva before, but he's looked even worse in his last two fights (compared to when he fought The Crow and Quarry) ...hopefully he comes out better or he's screwed

4. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

i dont know. i know ace looks like he would loose in every situation. i have a feeling though that he will come through.

5. Sammo

Sammo New Member

he's changed, there's no doubt about it...he doesn't seem like the same guy anymore...afraid, afraid to throw leather, used to be the guy that never had a decision except against Loiseau, but he had no problem coasting it out against Okami

6. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

anyone else think he looked intimidated after they showed his reaction right after Silva beat nate?

7. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

he did. you could see it. anyone who lost to the person you are going to fight again will always be a little intimidated

8. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

probably an early second round victory for silva

9. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

i used to think totally different about franklin about a year ago

10. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I wonder if Anderson will consider moving up to LHW in a year if he continues to be dominant

[​IMG]

11. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Other than the Okami fight, I don't really see him being less confident. He really laid the smack down on MacDonald, I thought it was an impressive victory. The Okami fight was slow, but I think more than anything it was because Yushin refused to do anything until the 3rd round. Even then, Franklin's sub defense was impressive with that kimura.

Silva should still take it, but I think it will be a very different fight this time.

12. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I hope that, if nothing else, he looks a lot better than the first time. If he had won against Silva the first time then he would have gotten the big pay day. That's got to set heavily in his mind, now. He wants to get the belt back and he'll be as careful as he needs to be to make sure that he beats everyone that they put in front of him. If he wins against Silva then you can be sure that it will be a "boring fight". Rich will pretty much have to turn it into a long, drawn out decision. He's never been that kind of fighter, though, so I doubt he can pull it off against a guy like Silva. He looked damn good against McDonald but he looked like shit against Okami. If the same guy that walked into the ring with Okami walks into the ring against Silva then it'll be a repeat of Franklin/Silva 1.

13. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Agreed. I am really wondering how Franklin-Kamppman would've gone. I think it would have been more telling of how a matchup with Silva would go. I also think that it would have been better preparation for Franklin, because not only is he facing a striker but one that he could've gotten a decisive finish over. That would have helped his mental state going into this match more than a boring decision over Okami has.

14. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

especially with how badly Okami beat him that last round.

15. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

silva will take it no prob

16. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

They need to bring over Filho :o

17. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

hes in the WEC

18. KRUSTYTHECLOWN

KRUSTYTHECLOWN OT Supporter

Silva by Brutal KO

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I know :squint: but he should be in the UFC where he would get the recognition he deserves.

20. auto

auto New Member

QFT, I don't see Rich having any answers for Silva's skill set.

21. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

Really I can't see Rich beating Silva, after Silva's performance against Marquadt.

Silva can end it on the feet or on the ground with his jiu jitsu. The only possibility of Franklin winning would be if he could hold Silva down for 5 rounds in a reasonably safe position like side control where Silva wouldn't be able to do as much damage off his back or try for subs.

But Silva is simply too strong for Franklin to hold him down. Franklin would need to do what Sherk did against Franca, but Franklin simply doesn't have the strength advantage needed.

22. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Why would he do that? He's not a very big 185. :dunno:

23. wired3758

wired3758 New Member

hoping rich can test him, but he looked great against nate. maybe rich could drag it out and test his cardio, but anderson pushes the pace so i'm not sure it'll make it past the 3rd round.
    just not sure what rich could do to stop him.

24. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Even in that Loiseau fight, he gave David a BEATING of epic proportions. It was Loiseau's toughness alone that caused this to be a decision... A timid Franklin is going to get SLAUGHTERED by Anderson. Even Franklin at his best is going to have a tough time with Silva, but I think can still take it if he fights the fight of his life...

25. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight