Review:Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, May 29, 2006.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I found a Meguiar's #8006 Yellow Polishing pad yesterday in my garage. I had used it about 2 weeks ago on an oxidized '95 Jeep Wrangler. It was already filthy so I decided to use it on the Jeep. I used Megs #82 on it heavily. I never once brushed or dampened the pad with anything. When I found it this morning, it felt like a sanding pad! So rough to the touch. The polish was like a rock after baking for 14 days in a storage container (see first pic). I brought it home having an idea. I took out my new XMT Pad Cleaner and gave it about 10 sprays. I just let it soak. Then, after about 1 minute, rinsed in warm, running water. Dear Lord! This cleaner is so good. Stuff started running out of the pad! I then re-soaked the pad with XMT again, letting it sit for about 5 minutes afer working it in with my fingers. This was the best thing I could have done. Pad almost looked new!

Conclusion:
    How can anyone that uses any type of pad not had this cleaner in their arsenal?
    Coupled with XMT Pad Conditioner, one's pads could last twice as long. Also, the paint's finish will look so much better with thoroughly cleaned pads.
    The best part is that it is so EASY to keep my pads looking and most importantly, ACTING new.

Pinnacle, you've done it with this XMT product!
    :applause:

Following are the pictures of the process.

Thanks,
    Justin

Test Subject: One nasty pad!

[​IMG]

A good soaking with some XMT
    [​IMG]

Pad after first 1 minute application with no agitation.
    [​IMG]

Pad after second application of XMT. Sat for 5 minutes and used fingers to agitate.
    [​IMG]

Simply....Thank You Pinnacle!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks like it did a pretty good job, however, I just toss mine in the sink with some dish soap and let them soak for a while then rinse them out. I have so many pads that is really the only cost effective way to clean them.

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:werd:

This is teh same method i use for my pads.
    I dont have as many as you, but i do have a women to live with, so my sink time is limited. So i gotta make the best of it.

SO far the thing that ive found that cleans the pads the best, is Palmolives Oxy dish detergent. Tough of Greese, Soft on Hands.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:werd: I actually soak mine in a bucket for an hour then rinse out and knead until clean in the sink.

5. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

I tried that Snappy Clean stuff, and its seems to work pretty well too. Do you guys use a pad on more than one car w/o cleaning it?

6. picus

picus New Member

I've done that a few times but it's almost always counter productive. The pads just gum up too quickly to be useful for two whole cars; and you definitely don't want to mix products on one pad. As much of a pain as it is if you don't have a ton like some of us it's still easier to clean it mid-detail than it is to use a gummy pad.

That's one situation I can see this pad cleaner coming in handy - if you're on a job and need a pad quick and the ones you have are gummy or something, bang, clean pad.

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Picus you're exactly right.

I did that today actually.
    Sprayed pad with cleaner. Took inside at the business I was at. Rinsed under warm water. Took back outside and slapped it on the PC. Hit #6 for about 10 secs and was dry.

Bam!!! Clean pad.