Review of Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Beason, May 27, 2006.

1. Beason

Beason They call me "The Stig"

Well I finally broke down and bought this product expecting to only use if for college. I decided to try it out on my fathers BMW and boy was I surprised. I can't believe Ive waited this long on picking this product up after all the high praise.

Procedure....
    As Stated by bottle.....2 cap fulls of ONR in 2 gallons of water, one rinse bucket and one Cobra MF Mit, one 24x36 PakShak WW
    Cleaned one section at a time starting from roof down and followed up with a WW to dry off.

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Wheels
    If the product does have one downside it is BMW wheels with their brake dust. This was one thing I really wanted to see how it worked on.

The Test Subject - Front Passenger Wheel
    [​IMG]
    Half/Half
    [​IMG]
    Done, notice it has problems cutting through baked on dust
    [​IMG]
    However nothing alittle APC and MF towel can't fix
    [​IMG]

Final Thoughts
    A must in everybody's arsenal. Work great and leaves a nice shine. I love being able to sit inside the garage in the middle of the day and clean the car and not have to worry about the sun drying the water and leaving water spot. Also I stay cool and dont have to wash the car at 7 in the morning before the sun starts bearing down. Very easy to use and takes about the same time as with a hose. Probally will be faster as I get more used to it. The only two downsides I really notice is its inability to cut through some break dust and grease and its terrible smell. However keep some APC and MF towel handy and you are set.

I give it 5 stars.

2. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Nice review.

A few questions:

Did you use just one towel to dry with?
    Was it previously waxed (cuz if ONR makes it that slick we are all in!)?

Thanks man
    Justin

3. Beason

Just took one WW to dry. I slightly squeed the mit before washing so the car wasnt soaked. And it was waxed awhile ago and it still was slick, but i Dont believe ONR robbed it of any slickness, but not sure about adding.

4. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

So you applied ONR with the mitt to the car. Washed a section then dried that section withe the WW?

Did you pre-rinse the car?

Justin

5. Beason

Yes and no. Thats the beauty of a no Rinse car wash.

6. ittech

ittech "If You're Not Part of the Solution, There's Good OT Supporter

I've been using it a couple of times too with great results... and yeah I wash in my garage now... Great for motorcycles too as it's never that great to blast a bike with tons of water from a hose.