Review of BSN NO-Explode

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Okay, I see a lot of people asking about this supplement and some people saying it works great, others saying it is a placebo, or just plain does not work, etc... etc....

So I decided to take the stuff myself since it got it for really cheap ($25) and give my own review of it for people to reference.
    Let me start off by saying that I have a pretty good background in lifting, and started around the age of 16 seriously and I am now 20 years old. My stats are 5' 9" 215 and I compete in PL bench press competition...... just so you guys do not think I am some n00b to lifting who doesn't know what they are doing.

Basically, in a nut shell, the stuff works to an extent, but is over-hyped. Anything I experienced was not the work of a placebo because I took this product because I was skeptical of its benefits and actually took it intended to see minimal to zero results. I have been taking it for just over a month now, and take 1 1/2 - 2 scoops prior to workout, and sometimes on off days I will take 1 scoop.
    Some good things I noticed from the product were:

1) It give you pretty decent pumps. Nothing mind blowing, but it will give you a pretty decent pump, especially in your arms after you have been using it for a week or so. Your muscles feel tighter after a workout, but the maximum pump only lasts about a couple hours (contrary to that of the BSN which says it lasts all day :rofl: ).

2) Increased vascularity. Again, nothing mind blowing or spectacular, but forearm vascularity has increased as well as in the bicep. It is certainly noticeable though.

3) The energy it provides for pre-workout is great. Problem is that it only lasts about an hour or so and after taking it a few weeks your body becomes more and more immune to the boost it give you.... although it is still there to some extent after more than a month. Perhaps cycling off for a couple weeks and getting back on will allow the boost to be more intense... A good preworkout drink though.

The only negative things about it really are:

1) It is overhyped. Contrary to what some might tell you, you will not look like Ronnie Coleman the next day. It is a good thing to add to give an edge, but do not expect too much from it or you will be dissapointed.

2) It gives me digestion problems... Now, this could just be me, but I had digestion problems after taking it during my workouts. Sometimes are worse then others, but it seems my body got more used to it and it usually goes away after about an hour or two.

3) The price. Retail at most places for this crap is like $45. Cheapvitamins.com has it for $27 or something which is not bad.

IS IT WORTH IT?

This is the big question. For me, NO-Explode is not something to take when you need to get buff for a wedding in a month or whatever..... It is just like creatine and protein, which means the gains are small but consistantly progressive. This is not a super-supplement, lol. With this product I think the harder you work in the gym, the better results you will see... It increases pumps, vascularity, and motivation, so it works well for giving you an all around better workout... THAT is the main thing. It gives you a better workout and give progressive and consistant gains (so far at least). This supplement requires you to work hard in the gym if you expect it to work IMO.

For the $45 retail this stuff has it is DEFINITELY NOT worth it. That is too much money, for that price you can get a months supply of Protein and CEE.
    However, if you workout consistantly and push yourself and pick this stuff up for like $25-$30 then yes, for me, it was worth it. I plan to stay on it for a while as long as I keep getting similar results as these. Whether it will work for you, I have no idea, but for $30 it is worth a try.

Also, other supplements I used with NO-Explode were WPI protein, CEE, fish oil.

2. Carrera

Carrera OT Supporter

:ugh:

Well atleast you searched rather then make the 1,000,000th thread this week about analxplode

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Props on searching instead of making a new thread, I suppose :rofl::rofl:

4. evh

evh Active Member

5. rockman123

rockman123 New Member

Yeah i am on it too, it is 6th week taking it, and i still get the same pump from it when i take it. I take 1 1/2 scoops, but i building a tolerance to it pretty fast, and i get it for 35 at the vitamin shoppe here in my town. If you guys have a better product let me know. I would like to try it.

6. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

the secret is to take a little powder on your pointer finger, and rub it all over your front teeth and gums

7. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

:bowrofl: search bump. Good man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.