SRS Reverse seasonal depression?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Falconer, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So I was reading about how some people get depressed in the winter due to less sunlight and etc., and it's an actual condition where doctors prescribe certain types of lamps to simulate sun, etc...

So I was wondering if there was an opposite of that? In the winterish months, from Oct through maybe Jan or Feb, I tend to be more blissfully calm than during the rest of the year. It starts earlier, I think, like when the temp starts getting down around 50 in the evening (I live in Chicago for reference).

And by contrast, I kind of don't like the summer because I'm always hot (temperature), and the sun just makes me more uncomfortable. I hate driving anywhere in the summer because even with my AC on full blast I'm always a sweaty mess when I get there. I'm not fat, I just have a very high metabolism, I eat a lot (which generates heat), and I'm high strung. All of those contribute to excessive sweating. People love to be outside in the summer doing shit and I hate it because I'm always hot and uncomfortable.

But I thought of this the other night as I was walking from the grocery store back to my car and the snow was falling all around me... I like this time of year much better than the summer.

Am I a freak?

Or just a goth or something? :coolugh:

2. Don Ganja

Don Ganja Drunk Driving > *

sounds like you are just uncomfortable in the heat, not depressed. i like the winter more too for similar reasons.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Maybe you're right. But I always just "feel better" in the winter. Maybe I feel physically better and that translates in my head to being less depressed.

Or maybe I like it better cuz my friends aren't "omg let's go do ____" every two seconds like they are in the summer. Holy fvck, maybe I'm just anti-social. No, wait. I love my friends, I just hate doing shit with them in the summer.

edit - I need to move to northern Europe.

4. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

yes, yes you do!!

:p

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Plus the music there kicks ass. Children of Bodom ftw.

6. TheFirstSamurai

TheFirstSamurai New Member

Come to Scotland, you sound just like me, you'll love it here!