Retinas are burning ahhh help!!! (comptuer prob)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shrew, Mar 30, 2006.

1. shrew

shrew OT Supporter

Hey, i finaly cant stand it!!! im trying to do an essay and my display is being a total douche bag. I say display because im not 100% sure its the monitor, it could be video card? ram? probably monitor tho. Please post only if you know for sure what it could be, this has been happening for months now. It goes like this then back to normal then like this then normal. See pic!

THANKS!
    [​IMG]

2. keleko

keleko yes, he is

video card is toast

3. shrew

shrew OT Supporter

sweet.. my 9800 pro dies in 2 years this is bullshit i paid alot for that shit damnit. hmm well i'll have to try another video card. didnt even oc it.\

thanks tho!

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Try the Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Ultimate. If you go by the version number, it's a step back, but it does everything I ask of it. It's overclocked by 50% straight from the factory, so it performs a hell of a lot better than the original Radeon 9600's did.

It's silent too. It uses a heatpipe instead of a fan, so there's no cooling system to burn out. It works better if you take the heatpipe apart and rebuild it using Arctic Silver 5 on all of the hot metal-on-metal action, but that's optional.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

VRAM. get a new video card. nVidia.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I'm not so sure it's the video RAM. I had a Compaq laptop that had the same problem with an onboard Radeon Mobile that shared the main system RAM. The problem didn't go away when I replaced the RAM, so it can be caused by other video-related failures. In his case, since he can't replace the VRAM separately, the fix is still a new card.

Don't get nVidia, get ATI. I like ATI better and that's all that should matter to you. (grin)

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

sorry, but your posts make me not want to trust you... nVidia is where you need to be.