Results from this past week (14pics 800x600)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by RyeLou, Mar 4, 2007.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I was on Spring Break with my girlfriend this past week. We went down to Oklahoma to stay with her brother for a week then on to a few other places. While down there I spent two days with him detailing my car. Now I must admit before this past week I was totally in the dark. I used to run my car through a wash occasionally and more often than not go to a spray bay and use their soap/brush (I know, how terrible...) However, my eyes have been opened to a whole new world! My car before this past week had so many swirls in the paint and so many small scratches it was unreal. I always just accepted it as normal wear and tear and figured short of repainting the car I was just stuck with it. My car ias +57k miles on it and none of them were too easily driven, haha. Anyhow...he told me if I drove down with his sister (my girlfriend) he would detail my car...and that's what we did. Never again will I revert to my old habbits. We actually went to a store and bought enough product for me to keep the car looking good for the time being. Eventually I'll get myself a porter cable (or something similar) and the works. Anyhow, heres a list of products I could remember off the top of my head and some pictures. I realize the car isn't perfect, but other than a few bad chips in the paint on the front of the hood and front bumper theres no other paint blemishes that didn't come out.

Duragloss 901 car wash concentrate
    clay (can't remember what kind off hand)
    Poorboys World SSR 3
    Pinnacle XMT 2
    Poorboys World SSR 1
    Duragloss 101 polish and cleaner
    Duragloss 111 clear coat polish
    Duragloss 951 Aquawax

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks pretty good! If I remember right, the person who helped you posted these pics on Autopia too.

3. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Looks great!! Did you take any "before" pics prior to the detailing work?

4. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

Very nice, I havent seen at SRT-4 in awhile.

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I don't believe so. The only pictures taken of my car for this were on the camera I had this morning. Unless he got them from here or one other local forum I put them on and made a post after me...quite possible I suppose.

No before pictures...we got a little carried away. I have 3 before pictures of some pretty nasty scratches and paint from another cars door, but they aren't too high quality because they were taken so late at night with just the flash for light.

6. XPX

XPX New Member

At least now you know.... ;)

The same happened to me, I used to polish and wax but never used the proper technique.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Oh, okay. Someone recently posted a black SRT4 there, just thought it might be yours.

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I went over there and checked after you posted that. I couldn't find it and I asked him later and it indeed wasn't him.

Heres a more comprehensive (and correct) list of what we used...he just emailed it to me:

PAINT
    PC orange lc pad - Poorboy's ssr3
    PC orange lc pad - XMT 2
    PC white lc pad - Poorboy's PWS
    By hand - Duragloss 601 PBA
    By hand on top of 601 - Duragloss 105 (left on car for 1 hour)
    The next day 2 wipedowns with - Duragloss Aquawax

WHEELS
    DP wheel glaze
    Duragloss AW x1
    4* tire gel
    No touch tire protectant inside wheelwells

GLASS
    Inside - Sprayway glass cleaner
    Outside - polished with Duragloss glass polish and then topped with Duragloss rain repel.