Results from my first PL meet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Hpower, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

So it was this past sunday in Miami. I went with the club from school, you were supposed to qualify for the meet but none of us did. The president of teh club knew the guy running it and he said we could come and compete basically just for fun to get some experience and help generate intrest in the club. So Friday night I went and got drunk in Miami till 6am and then didn't sleep to well on sat either, I probably should have prepared better in this aspect.

I had never been to one of these so it was definatly an experience. At weight in when you had to check in your equipment I only had a singlet. The guy was like where is your squat suite, belt, bench shirt, knee wraps? I said I didn't have any and he gave me the WTF look. I had never seen someone with all the gear before it was kinda strange to see the people waddle out to squat not bending at their hips or knees.

SQ 1st- 340-good, 355-good, 374- got it up but stumbled at the top so no count.

Bench- 284-good, 297-got stuck, 297-got it up but didn;t pause long enough at the bottum so no count.

Dl-1st- 500-good, 518- no good, not sure why i watched on video and it looked fine to me, 518-good, seemed the same as the second one. I was kinda disappointed bc it didn't feel heavy at all I had wanted to go for 530.

So overall a total of 1157 or something around there, everything was in Kg and I don't remember those numbers but the Lbs are close. I also lost about 7 Lbs since I started cutting a few weeks ago to go from 212 to 204 so I don't think that helped either.

I am going to try and bulk up to 215 in the fall to compete at a meet in Oct. I think I might get a belt and some knee wraps also by then. So hopefully then I will do better.

2. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

Congrats if you are gonna be 215 might as well be 220 to be at the max weight for the class

and buy a belt :rofl:

3. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

gj man :bigthumb:

4. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

Yeah, I never train with one. A few people that came down with me had one, but I was like screw it. I have used one a few times before when deadlifting, but I felt like it made me more uncomfortable. Like increased the pressure to much or something, I thought my head was going to explode.

yeah maybe I will go to 220 I am just worried about feeling fat. I am trying to lose some fat now so when I bulk up it wont be to bad. I will just feel it out I guess.

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

go to 225 and cut the 5lbs the night before....

Nice job, welcome to the club and by a fucking belt :rofl:

6. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

I have never bulked before, this is my first time cutting, monitoring calories and what not. How long do you think it would take to go from 200- 220?

7. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

it is too ahrd to tell you x amount of weeks, just start eating, if u ar egetting stronger just stay at that much food.
    good job on the meet

8. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

You could do it in a month and a half if you follow my diet

9. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

what is your diet? When I start to bulk I was going to shoot for 4k calories a day.

10. Phineas Q Stork

eat fast food followed by a 1000-1500 calorie shake, repeat as needed

I wouldn't advise doing it

11. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

lol, nice, I am pretty health concious as far as watching my cholesterol and stuff so I never eat fast food.

12. Phineas Q Stork

Just put it on slowly. My gaining so much weight so fast was good for strength, but not so much for aesthetics. However, I look good in a sweatshirt

13. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

:werd:

thats how I do it

I am up to 218 now :coold:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.