Restarting the Gym.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Swak, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

Alright fellas help me out. I am skimming through the different workouts in the sticky. But I really don't know what to do, last time I was in the gym was about a year a go where I was down to like 130 lbs. I am about 140-150 and 5'7". I feel that I am a little over weight, but its probably mainly since I have no muscle build up in the arms and stomach area. I want to tone these areas up to where I have some sort of stomach. Not sure on what to do, I plan on going to the gym 3 days a week during the weekdays and if I have time on the weekends.

My original workout was basically doing cardio for about an hour or two. What should I do to start in the gym again. I am weak as fuck so lifting weights is pretty intimidating.

2. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

so..you want to get toned? like brad pitt? or are we talking about ryan reynolds level

3. Swak

eh they look the same to me.. but whatever one i guess is less fit. i am aiming low right now to see what ii can do.

4. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

be nice!!!!!!
    i'd recommend the modified bill starr routine (also known as "christophers routine") build a base.

5. trancezj

trancezj New Member

what is intimidating about lifting weights? Has one ever threatened you? which one was it? I'll beat his ass....

fuck what people think. Check the stickys and archives for some starter workouts and a good clean solid diet.

6. Swak

Its intimidating just that I cant life much shiet i have trouble with push ups.. so i am trying to find something to start creating some sort of muscle so i can move into weight lifting.

7. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

better makes sure all the users are logged off before you restart the gym

8. trancezj

trancezj New Member

you just do what you can. Just start out doing it right. If you have the mentality of "oh I'll use machines totally until I get stronger" all you're going to do is postpone progress. My suggestion is to jump in head first to a good training routine including all the core movements and you'll be improving so much you won't believe it. Do it right the first time and you won't have to fix it.

9. ralyks

ralyks New Member

As soon as I saw this thread I thought

[​IMG]

10. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

you could do a bodyweight only routine..

i did that for the past month just to give myself a mental break from the gym and i really enjoyed it!

plus doing bodyweight only you'll build up your strength and endurance and then when you hit the gym with weights you won't feel so intimidated.

:IBEveryoneYellsAtMe:

11. Swak

awesome.. thanks.. well at least i have an idea of where to go with this. i am going to start modifiing my diet again and will start with cardio getting my heart and body back into sweating and all that stuff. for the first 2 weeks and move into some of the routines mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.