Rest question.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Buddyblazon, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddyblazon

Buddyblazon Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!

I'm obviously a noob here. I really appreciate people answering my questions.

My question is:

How much rest is necessary for a muscle group between workouts? Whats the most amount of rest you want to give a muscle group...and what seems to be the most efficient amount of time for max growth?

Again...thank you all for being so helpful. Unless you want to hire a personal trainer...the information I've found in this forum is invaluable. :bowdown:

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

there are a lot of variables involved with the question you axed... nutrition, stress, how hard you are training, your experience in the gym, etc.

You gotta learn how to read your body. I like 72hrs between major groups.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

between really havy workouts i say a week... but I usually train something medium and then 48 hours later I train it hard, then I give it 4-5 days rest with maybe some light activation another 48 hours after the hard workout. Once I'm not a noob anymore I'll probably need more rest like Maine, when my body is actually pushing some real weight :o

Example:

monday I do heavy squats and also do lunges and leg press
    wednesday I don't do any squats, but I do medium-weight deadlifts, which activates the legs some
    friday I do medium squats with a fairly heavy weight, but not my maximum

monday I do pullups, light back workout
    wednesday i do medium weight deadlifts
    friday i do heavy deadlifts, face pulls or rows, and shrugs

monday i do medium bench press
    wednesday i do heavy bench, incline press (dumbell), and military press
    friday i do pushups to lightly activate the chest/tris (mainly for shoulder stability pre-back workout though, but you catch my drift)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  4. Buddyblazon

Buddyblazon Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!

I would say that compared to the posters on this board...I'm a beginner. Though I have had some experience in a gym and I'm athletic...so I'm not a complete wanker when I'm in the gym.

I've started following the diet stickied at the top of the board. Pretty close....not exactly but close. It gives me a lot of energy. Though I've only been following it for about a week.

I've made it through "the sores" a couple of months ago...so I'm trying to push myself more and more.

5. wtf

wtf New Member

at least 48 hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.