Response to Yail's "99.9% of good-looking women" Thread

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by fray, Jul 15, 2007.

1. fray

fray New Member

(This is a tangent/follow-up to Yail's thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3309776 and the document linked to in that thread - pages 11-12 of that document where he talks about men vs. women.)

First of all, I really don't even see what the point of bringing up what women have accomplished is in this case, except as an excuse to say insulting things and get away with it. Otherwise, it is really irrelevant to the point of the book. For example and paraphrased, it's said that women aren't leaders or innovators, they are interested only in social factors. Now, if you should happen to be offended by this, then it only proves that you are this shallow, "basic" woman. If you were really the leader or innovator type, this wouldn't bother you. So, now you either have to admit and accept to being shallow and incapable (regardless of your actual position) or you have to accept the assholic remarks. It's a no-win, because he's set it up to be inarguable in this point, accepting that these are the only possiblities.

I also take issue with the fact that he implies that most people denounce their gender as part of their individuality. Not only is he addressing the book to 'men', but we all see that on here regularly - a bunch of information addressed to men. This is how men act, this is men's station in the male-female dynamic, etc. Aside from that, regardless of our individual identity, when things are posted on here by the females, what is said? I've never seen "Don't listen to silver, she's an optometrist/rides horses/likes video games, optometrists/horse riders/gamers don't give good advice." It's "Don't listen to silver. She's a woman and they don't give good advice." How can someone be expected to shrug off a part of their identity when it is constantly pushed in their face. If people were saying women suck, but then treated and regarded me as a person, I would take much less offense.

I do understand what the purpose of the book is though, and that is why I didn't want to clog up your thread with this tangent. Although, I still wonder how much faith I'd put into the teachings of wordsmith, such as the author seems to be. And I hope that the hopeful guys who read this realize that basically the author's advice will help you get all the hair-discussion-having, pop-culture-loving, drama-tv-watching ladies you want, because this book isn't directed at how to get the intelligent, individual ones. So if that's what you want, more power to you. But when we try to give advice to the guys that might want the latter, shut up and let us talk.

--

Cliffs: Tired of hearing about how women are stupider than men and all the facts that exist to prove this. It's repeated in the pdf linked to in the other thread. The guy's just making excuses to be an ass (author, not Yail).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  2. fray

fray New Member

So, back to the topic of women's accomplishments in history. First of all, this discussion has been had before. When you consider that women were limited in what they were allowed to do for many years, while men were racking up the accomplishments, you can't expect their accomplishments to equal that of their male counterparts. I don't know what "facts" Yail keep referencing that prove that women aren't as intelligent or as good at leading or whatever the actual semantics of the point were. Women as a whole are quite capapable and intelligent. Imply all you want that individual, successful women are the exception to the rule, but here are my facts. I haven't seen any of yours.

* Famous Firsts by American Women - http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womensfirsts1.html - senators, athletes, pilots, doctors, heads of companies
    * Smith College graduates country's first all-female class of engineers - 2004 - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_8_21/ai_n6143518 - First graduating engineering program at a women's college.
    * http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=775 - First women in the U.S. to obtain bachelors degrees. You'll note that it mentions in that paragraph that in the early 1830's women still were not admitted to the traditional college program.
    * http://www.greatwomen.org/women.php?action=viewAll - authors, attorneys, politicians, nurses, entrepreneurs
    * http://www.upmc.com/HealthManagement/ManagingYourHealth/PersonalHealth/Women/?chunkiid=92578 - women and men perform similarly on IQ tests, with a few persisting areas of gender bias. MENSA is 35% female, coinciding with findings that men fill both the highest and lowest extremes in scoring, while women maintain more balanced scores. The difference seen in math scores on standard testing occurs only later (senior year) and is not present during earlier testing, implying that outside factors may influence this, not just gender. 1/2 of all undergrad math degrees and 1/3 of PhD's i math are granted to women.
    * http://eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/16/a2/61.pdf - test scores for Swedish children studied from 1961 - 1995 equalized over the time span, with females making much greater increases in test scores.

3. fray

fray New Member

that's fine

4. Alright.

5. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Emphasizing the historical truths of female innovations. Yeah, they're limited, but so was the capacity in which women could be innovators, inventors, etc.

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Boo hoo.

Don't read my threads, and/or put me on ignore.

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Decoded parts in bold.

Can't you see that this part of your post is a counter-measure on your part aimed at preventing men from learning how to sleep with hot bitches?

You have an agenda, and you are trying to advance it by attacking women who are now attracted to men who have learned what Gunwitch is teaching.

Sex is a basic function. Eat, sleep, breathe, shit, fuck.

Look how many restrictions you are trying to put on it! Bottom line, men and women WANT TO FUCK, just like they want to eat and breathe.

And you girls just can't stand the thought that a man can LEARN how to get you to fuck him. You want to think you have total control, when in fact you do not.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Silver,

Why shouldn't the women of the Vag do the same thing all these guys or doing? Let's see some women PUA/improvement threads!

In fact...this calls for it's own thread.

9. page

page New Member

I love how you have to be ugly to be intelligent or an individual.

That's *awesome*.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

The book isn't directed towards getting ugly women, because ugly women will do the work for you.

11. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Yail, do you remember the time I said you seemed like a cool college kid? ITs because you make threads like this. More and more you seem like just a college kid, not even a cool one. You think to basic.

12. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Why do women have to lower themself to your level to make you understand what utter rubbish this is? :squint:

13. fray

fray New Member

Nothing I said implied that men and women shouldn't be fucking. I think they should be fucking all they want. I don't see anywhere that I'm trying to put restrictions on that. I also don't see why talking about hair or pop culture implies lack of any outside passions or that being intelligent is mutually exclusive with being attractive. Thanks for missing the point all together and hearing what you wanted to hear.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

You are saying that by learning Gunwitch's material, we are only going to attract a particular type of woman. I believe this is false.

My wife is about as far from the description you gave as is possible.

15. fray

fray New Member

I don't think that it won't work on others, but I do think there are people who will recognize it for what it is and be turned off. And yes, I know you don't care because there are many other women who will be waiting for you.

My main point, however, was less about the book, and more about the view on women here and what our opinions are worth.

16. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Would you really expect any less misogyny from this bunch?

17. fray

fray New Member

No, but I want the point out there. Everyone brought up and wondered where all the ladies disappeared to, so here I am and here's what I have to say! :)

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

How will someone recognize me keeping my power for myself and having the attitude that I'm the prize and be turned off?

That makes no sense.

That's basically all I do. Women have ALWAYS been attracted to me.

The difference was, in the past I unknowingly did things subsequently that made her lose interest in me.

Now I am an expert at increasing a woman's interest level in me and keeping it very high, and these are skills I learned.

I've helped my roommate improve his dating skills considerably. He is a guy who regularly goes to clubs and makes out with chicks right there.

He is much better than me at getting a lot of attraction from a woman in a short period of time.

But I'm much better than him at taking a small amount of attraction and gradually growing it into a high level of interest.

19. fray

fray New Member

Hmm...maybe when you come off as an ass for playing a game she's not playing. But, I know, all women are playing games all the time and are out to steal your "power", withold sex from you simply for the purpose of control, and bend you to their will.

20. Not productive. :squint:

21. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

:noes:

Many of the guys giving advice here just flat out don't like women, and it shows.

22. I can't give my opinion on that statement, but I will tell you, PM me, we should talk, I am eager to hear your opinion.

23. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Wait, you won't give your opinion, so I should PM you so you can hear mine?

24. I would like to be more open to other's opinions, so I will listen to the one person's I haven't listened to. Which is you .