Respiratory System and lifting/exercising

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ep, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

Anyone have some good sites or articles about how the respiratory system works with lifting and exercising?

I'm doing a stupid video for my bio project and I figured it would be cool to show clips of me deadlifting/exercising and how the resp. system works during these.

While deadlifting, we take in air and hold it to give stability of the core correct?

While we bike or run etc, we are breathing steadily to keep up with the oxygen demand to the cells

(yes I'm googling myself)

2. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

also, when you swim you're supposed to take big gasping breaths to reduce time out of the water (you're less aerodynamic then), then exhale slowly under water

3. reminisce

reminisce OT Supporter

it might be cool to mention exercising in higher altitudes. you can discuss why Olympic training centers are at extremely high altitudes in Colorado and what kind of competitive advantage it gives athletes to train there.

if you need me to elaborate i can but there are definitely tons of resources on google.

4. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Training at altitude is wonderful.....When I hit sea level I have cardio for days....

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

(McGill, Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

ROFL Ceaze with the unexpected altruism

7. Ep

Ep Guest

thanks for the link ceaze. And I will check out training at higher altitudes.

What about exhaling during a deadilft? I read that while pulling heavy, you shouldn't exhale at the top of the lift because it will take away that spine tension and could risk injury. And then I have read that you should start to exhale as the weight comes up the upper legs

when do you guys exhale ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.