Resources for a newb female

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by entropy138, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. entropy138

entropy138 OT Supporter

Hey guys -

I have a friend who just joined a gym as she's looking to get in better shape and increase her muscle tone. Of course the tools at the gym that gave her a fitness evaluation told her that she is really close to her goals and won't have to work too terribly hard. She's a skinny petite girl that does look good clothed but has almost zero muscle tone - more like strategically placed fat that makes her look kinda curvy.

Anyway - I want to refer her to something similar to OTFN only for chics that will encourage more of a free-weight lifting routine vs the typical yoga + cardio stuff that is so popular amongst the older ladies she works with - who are also trying to give her advice...

Once I get her in better shape I'll work on the 'ass shot in thong while squatting' pics:x:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

Why can't she come here for advice? :dunno:

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

4. Mojo

Mojo New Member

^i 2nd that. i been lurking on those forums and read her diary/journal...she is amazing.

5. Steef

Steef New Member

pics of said girl, she sounds easy.

6. entropy138

entropy138 OT Supporter

Ah I have nothing against her coming here for advice and will encourage it after she gets more into it. The reason I ask for more place that is more female specific is mainly to get her to accept it as legitament. She's the kinda girl that I told her the best thing she can do for herself are exercises that will work her legs and ass (squats etc) since she already has a fairly flat stomach and isn't in terrible shape overall. Her immediate response was that she doesn't want to get huge and muscular. This resulted in a big ass discussion about how that won't happen over night, most those chics she's thinking of that are huge are using test supplements etc etc... So I figure if I can find other women talking about their progress - posting pics - encouraging weight training and what not - she'll be more likely to think it's legit. Then I can bring her over here and let you guys have your fun :big grin:

Anyway - thanks for the info so far I'll let her know. She's eager to make the lifestyle changes so anything helps.

7. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

Just slap her when she says she doesn't want to be muscular. :dunno:

If I had not started to lift HEAVY weights, I'd still be really unhappy with my body no matter how much weght I lost. To feel strong, (almost) lean and hard muscled is the best feeling ever.

Seriously. Just tell her that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.