Resistence training with cardio

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by naughtysiggie, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naughtysiggie

naughtysiggie New Member

I started trying out the Jillian Michaels workouts. She uses low lb. weights (Yes, I know I need to incorporate higher lb. weights with less reps) with resistence exercises/cardio. You can check out a few of her videos on Netflix Instant View if you have it.

http://www.netflix.com/Search?v1=jillian+michaels&search_submit.x=0&search_submit.y=0

I usually do two per night, roughly 45 - 50 mins. total. She has videos for working the front and for the back. Should I not be doing both on the same day and instead do some kind of cardio that doesn't involve weights? After two days of doing this, with a break in between because my back was having issues, I am aching a bit on one side of my back. I am concerned that I may be doing the exercises wrong, but I feel like I get a good workout with her videos. I am using five lb. weights while doing it. Anyone care to take a look and make some recommendations?

2. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds

3. naughtysiggie

naughtysiggie New Member

4. hootpie

hootpie New Member

My recommendation: stop doing Jillian Michaels' workouts and burn the media they're on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.