WEB Reseller Hosting

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by orangecuse, Oct 19, 2007.

1. orangecuse

orangecuse OT Supporter

Hey guys I don't know too much about hosting, I just had a couple local businesses contact me regarding building them each a website. I've got one of them almost complete and was trying to decide if I should host their websites too or if I should just have them go through one of my affiliate offers through hostgator ($50 for each new signup).
    In the long run I'm sure I'm better hosting their sites, plus I will be grabbing a dedicated box very soon. Who do you guys use for reselling? I see theplanet doesnt offer such a program.

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

It depends. Do you want to put up supporting them with their hosting needs? You can mark-up hosting costs considerably well, but if something goes wrong with the servers, it's usually out of your hands and you'll have to basically bullshit to the client about your server being offline.

If you don't mind supporting their needs as a provider and want some extra cash, then go for it, shouldn't be a problem at all.

Check out some of the packages at http://asmallorange.com/

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

theplanet is a dedicated server/colo operation doesn't offer those sort of things. Sure there are ton of other shared hosting sites that have a program but getting your own box and hosting your own stuff > any program IMHO depends on your support needs I suppose

4. orangecuse

orangecuse OT Supporter

Yeah good point. I'm going to take the quick $50 for each signup and be done with it.

5. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

I use a reseller package from Myriad Network, they are awesome.